Do they even practice special teams?

Guest pensuck

they just finished a stretch of 6 games in 9 days plus travel. That does not give a lot of time to practice anything.

That being said the special team guys are the same from last year so its not like they have to learn the system.

I might be a little harsh on them right now but i cant help it. On a positive note Luke schenn has been everything I hoped he'd be.

The best player on the team this year so far.

That would go to Read imo. Gervais and Rinaldo are looking good during this otherwise lousy Rangers game. Even Bryz looks decent minus the first inexcusable goal.

Dude, it ain't just Special teams. Pretty much the whole team except Bryz and maybe Timmo look utterly clueless out there most of the time. They can't figure out which way to skate or which way to pass or even remotely where to be if they don't have the puck. It's awful. There's really no excuses for it. They look so damn bad, that if things don't change in a hurry, I don't see what other option they will have other than to start looking for a coach. This team is abjectly without any semblance of a clue right now.

I know that they're playing back to back and all but man they look bad. Their penalty kill and power play are horrendous. Thank God it's a shortened season or they might set some dubious records.

Dude, it ain't just Special teams. Pretty much the whole team except Bryz and maybe Timmo look utterly clueless out there most of the time. They can't figure out which way to skate or which way to pass or even remotely where to be if they don't have the puck. It's awful. There's really no excuses for it. They look so damn bad, that if things don't change in a hurry, I don't see what other option they will have other than to start looking for a coach. This team is abjectly without any semblance of a clue right now.

I know that they're playing back to back and all but man they look bad. Their penalty kill and power play are horrendous. Thank God it's a shortened season or they might set some dubious records.

Bryz is our best player on the ice... period.

And I hate that I'm saying that.

Giroux is trying to do everything by himself, Simmonds does well until he comes up against a defense that has any clue how to play defense and everyone else looks like they just put on skates for the first time last year.

The Schenns look atrocious. Couturier looks like a kid out of Juniors who can't skate.

Timmo and Coburn are doing what they can. I'll give them that... but they're saddled with a seriously crap team both offensively and defensively.

I don't know who is more to blame, Laviolette for having coached them so much more poorly than the rest of the league appears to have been coached despite the lockout or Homer for icing such an incredibly and pathetically inexperienced skilless team.

Bryz is our best PK player on the ice.

As he SHOULD be.