Couturier

Guest caluso

If there is an upside to any of this, possibly losing Couturier, which I think would be a mistake - especially for Subban whom I just can't stand - (and admittedly that is a personal opinion and not an objective analysis), it's that Laughton and McGinn have looked really good in their first few games for their very limited experience and time on ice. They could develop into a couple of nicely competitive, tough, skilled players and perhaps step into the very big shoes that we'd need to fill on offense if Couts goes.

Why is sop***re (soph*more) edited out like its a curse word on the website lol?

Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore SophomoreSophomore Sophomore Sophomore

Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore Sophomore

From 2011 when they sent him down

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377385

Schenn's contract, negotiated by the Los Angeles Kings will pay him $900,000 this year, plus $850,000 in entry level 'A' bonuses for a total of $1.75 million, however Schenn has substantial 'B' bonuses included in his deal that would be very cap unfriendly to the Flyers.

The 'B' bonuses in the first two years of his contract pay Schenn $1.265 million and $1.405 million if he plays 25 minutes in each of the 82 regular season games.

These are unlikely, if not impossible bonuses to achieve, although Philadelphia isn't willing to take the chance and face the possibility of having to absorb a cap hit of just over $3 million, so to cut the cap hit to a reasonable $1.75 million for this season, Schenn will be assigned to the Philadelphia Phantoms for at least one game, therefore nullifying the 'B' bonus clause this season.

In the third year of Schenn's contract, he doesn't have to play the 25 minutes in all regular season games to earn a handsome $1.5 million dollar bonus, but to qualify he would have to have an All-Star season, finish among the league's point leaders and win a major award.

Nice find..I knew he had some squirrely bonuses, but couldn't find them. Based on those numbers, I still don't understand why Capgeek has his cap hit at $2.225 million....shouldn't it be $1.75 mil?

Nice find..I knew he had some squirrely bonuses, but couldn't find them. Based on those numbers, I still don't understand why Capgeek has his cap hit at $2.225 million....shouldn't it be $1.75 mil?

I think capgeek is a little behind the curve at this point, but I dont know how such bonuses are handled under the new CBA.

SUch a dirty mouth!!!

;)

I agree with @caluso that Coots has looked bad. He's made several bad decisions in just about every game, and looks s l o w.

I know that many other Flyers have looked bad too, including Giroux. I think the only player, in my mind, that has looked good in just about every game is Read.

Read and Simmonds also. Simmonds has not been scoring but hes been all over the place especially the most important...in front of the net.

Read and Simmonds also. Simmonds has not been scoring but hes been all over the place especially the most important...in front of the net.

Yes, Simmonds has looked good too. He seems to have more jam to his game this year and more purpose.

Mike Richards - Since the comparison was made about B Schenn being a Mike Richards type player:

Year 1 - 2005-2006 - Age 21 - 79g - 11g - 23a - 0.43ppg

Year 2 - 2006-2007 - Age 22 - 59g - 10g - 22a - 0.54ppg

Year 3 - 2007-2008 - Age 23 - 73g - 28g - 47a - 1.02ppg

Year 4 - 2008-2009 - Age 24 - 79g - 30g - 50a - 1.01ppg

B Schenn - Played 9 games with the Kings between 2009 - 2011

Year 1 - 2011-2012 - Age 20 - 54g - 12g - 6a - 0.33ppg

Year 2 - 2012-2013 - Age 21 -

My point being is B Schenn hasn't even played a full season COMBINED yet. (82 games)

By the time he is 23 or 24 years old he will be putting up a PPG average.

Now look at Couturier's numbers:

Year 1 - 2011-2012 - Age 19 - 77g - 13g - 14a - 0.35ppg

That was playing against the other team's top line most of the time.

These kids need time to develop. Give them 2-3 years of working hard and then we can start evaluating them.

There was a typo in one of the words in the "censored list". It has been corrected. See ---> sophomore

All good Digi not complaining thought it was funny...should leave it as is lol.

For my money having success in the AHL seems to have really damaged both his game and B. Schenn's game pretty horribly.

I was Couturier's biggest supporter last year, but I have been overwhelmingly disappointed in his play this year. His penalty killing has been abysmal and he looks really slow out there, playing very passively.

I know he shut down Malkin, and was a beast in the Penguins' series, but he looks slow and lazy out there this year.