Islanders @ Pens - 1/29/13

B21

@Polaris922 I think you guys are missing Jordan Stall a bit more than you thought you would. I'm sure Sutter's game will grow/evolve, but at this point, he's no where near the player Jordan was. The physicality, skating and nice mix of toughness and skill is just not there yet. It will be a few years before we can declare a winner in this deal, but the early returns (as expected) is a win for Carolina.

@Polaris922 I think you guys are missing Jordan Stall a bit more than you thought you would. I'm sure Sutter's game will grow/evolve, but at this point, he's no where near the player Jordan was. The physicality, skating and nice mix of toughness and skill is just not there yet. It will be a few years before we can declare a winner in this deal, but the early returns (as expected) is a win for Carolina.

I think Sutter has done well so far. Sure only one assist but he's even. He's played well defensively and over 50% on his face offs. I wanted a defensive center so I'm glad for the trade. Staal will always be better in offense but his defense continue to suffer in Carolina (-2) despite having 5 assists.

Honestly I think we'd be worse off if he were still here, simply because Sutter has played well defensively. The Pens don't have their game yet, and until conditioning improves that won't change. I'd guess Staal would be slow too but worse in that he'd be slow AND lazy on defense! ;)