Bryz Deserves Better Than This

Guest King Knut

These guys are playing like clueless idiots in front of Bryz. He's really show something in coming back here and playing this well this year and both Laviolette and his team have been absolutely abysmal for most of this shortened season.

I know Scotty and Andrej are hurt, but there is no excuse for the utter cluelessness I'm seeing out there on the ice.

NONE.

It's pathetic.

Pathetic is being kind.

I turned it off 3 minutes into the 2nd.

I'm not supporting this kind of xhit. 2 and 6?

I don't want to hear all of the usual fxcking Flyer excuses from this Comcast mouthpiece.

If I have to listen to Coatsy, JJ, and Clement organization it up for another minute I'm gonna puke on the floor of my Wawa.

They ain't getting my money this year.

F em.

Grow some.

You want fans, earn em..

• Like 3

Pathetic is being kind.

I turned it off 3 minutes into the 2nd.

I'm not supporting this kind of xhit. 2 and 6?

I don't want to hear all of the usual fxcking Flyer excuses from this Comcast mouthpiece.

If I have to listen to Coatsy, JJ, and Clement organization it up for another minute I'm gonna puke on the floor of my Wawa.

They ain't getting my money this year.

F em.

Grow some.

You want fans, earn em..

Bear:

I got home for a chunk of the third. Other than our aging warrior scoring...I wasn't sure if the team should be called Philadelphia Flyers or Keystone Cops? They can't handle more disciplined teams. On paper there is talent. On the ice there is no "us," but rather, a bunch of skaters. I wonder how long Lavy will last?

Howie

You guys MAY just be going through a similar stage the Pens are going through. Bylsma's system requires great conditioning to compete. OUr boys don't have it yet and so they're struggling to play with any kind of organized approach. I wonder if Laviolette's system is similar, and until your boys get their legs fully under them it's going to be a roller coaster ride??

• Like 2

Some of the turnovers last night were beyond ridiculous. The first game we played against the Rangers, the passing was smart and they moved the puck quickly. Tonight's game, not so much. Lilja is HORRIBLE!! At least Foster has a shot even if all he does is stand around waiting to take it. Lilja was passing when he should be shooting and shooting when he should have been passing all freakin' night. Was the first call against Rinaldo done with the express purpose of neutering the Flyers game? When Ranger announcers are saying that is no penalty come on now....The Flyers let themselves be pushed around most of the game after that, not really finishing checks and not responding with attitude to being pushed around. Bryz made some incredible saves last night but he still is having issues with rebound control. King Henry made several great saves too, the difference was he controls the rebounds and does not allow many second chances.

Bear:

I got home for a chunk of the third. Other than our aging warrior scoring...I wasn't sure if the team should be called Philadelphia Flyers or Keystone Cops? They can't handle more disciplined teams. On paper there is talent. On the ice there is no "us," but rather, a bunch of skaters. I wonder how long Lavy will last?

Howie

My friend Howie, Mr. Laviolette will not last long if this continues and Mr. Murray is on deck.

Guys, guys... back away from the ledge! ;)

Look how little experience HALF our forwards have:

Read, 86 GP

Coots, 84 GP

B Schenn, 69 GP

Rinaldo, 69 GP

Sestito, 30 GP

McGinn, 4 GP

That's a green squad right there. It's gonna take some time for sure... and I don't mean a few games. It will take a few years!

Giroux is only 25. He's just starting his 5th NHL season, and he has about the same experience (292 GP) than those 6 guys COMBINED (342 GP).

I'm not trying to excuse them... but the Rangers are considered cup favorites. A few guys on TSN picked them to win it all. And we hung in there, and lost 2-1 ONLY because of special teams. Had we scored on our 5 on 3, it's a different game.

• Like 1

You guys MAY just be going through a similar stage the Pens are going through. Bylsma's system requires great conditioning to compete. OUr boys don't have it yet and so they're struggling to play with any kind of organized approach. I wonder if Laviolette's system is similar, and until your boys get their legs fully under them it's going to be a roller coaster ride??

DING! DING! DING!

And.....a Pens fan schools Flyers' fans ON the Flyers.

This is exactly what it is. Nothing more, nothing less (the defense is not exactly strong, either, but it's better than this). No camp. No practice to speak of since the season started, a bunch of fairly young players (okay, they still have Talbot, Timo, and Briere).

I think the Pens will have similar issues with conditioning and system, but they will--I think--get some benefit from the fact their core leadership group has been established for awhile.

This is going to be a difficult "season" for the Flyers. It's entertaining (pronounced "nauseating") to watch people scream "blow it up" after 7 or 8 games of extremely strange circumstances.

• Like 1

Guys, guys... back away from the ledge! ;)

Look how little experience HALF our forwards have:

Read, 86 GP

Coots, 84 GP

B Schenn, 69 GP

Rinaldo, 69 GP

Sestito, 30 GP

McGinn, 4 GP

That's a green squad right there. It's gonna take some time for sure... and I don't mean a few games. It will take a few years!

Giroux is only 25. He's just starting his 5th NHL season, and he has about the same experience (292 GP) than those 6 guys COMBINED (342 GP).

I'm not trying to excuse them... but the Rangers are considered cup favorites. A few guys on TSN picked them to win it all. And we hung in there, and lost 2-1 ONLY because of special teams. Had we scored on our 5 on 3, it's a different game.

Agreed.

And I understand NO ONE had a training camp and everyone is playing a mushed-together schedule. But the core of this team is fairly young and has had no time to put this thing together or to practice and not a lot of experience to draw upon. It bothers me that 7 games in a 2nd year player is struggling and people are talking "trade him." And in relation to SUBBAN, for God sake. These people would traded a 2012 BMW for 1992 Mazda???? Really? Because of 7 games?

Despite Holmgren's odd love affair with Leighton, I'm glad he's GM and not some of these Nervous Nellies.

• Like 1

Agreed.

And I understand NO ONE had a training camp and everyone is playing a mushed-together schedule. But the core of this team is fairly young and has had no time to put this thing together or to practice and not a lot of experience to draw upon. It bothers me that 7 games in a 2nd year player is struggling and people are talking "trade him." And in relation to SUBBAN, for God sake. These people would traded a 2012 BMW for 1992 Mazda???? Really? Because of 7 games?

Despite Holmgren's odd love affair with Leighton, I'm glad he's GM and not some of these Nervous Nellies.

I'm one of those who would trade Coots (or anyone) to address our need for a young top pairing defenseman... but not because he's struggling. Because it's a historical position of weakness that has no forseeable solution.

• Like 1

I'm one of those who would trade Coots (or anyone) to address our need for a young top pairing defenseman... but not because he's struggling. Because it's a historical position of weakness that has no forseeable solution.

I guess I understand trading from a position of strength to address a position of weakness. Coots is just an untouchable for me. I wouldn't trade him for a klondike bar.

I guess I understand trading from a position of strength to address a position of weakness. Coots is just an untouchable for me. I wouldn't trade him for a klondike bar.

I would trade Shelley and a klondike bar for the klondike bar wrapper.

• Like 1

@brelic

On the other hand, what other chips would the Flyers have, really? I mean, to get a top defensman?

I like Read and wouldn't trade him, but I don't think he gets you a top 4 defenseman, do you? I'm struggling to think of any Flyer (adding in contract/cap issues) that get you a top 4 dman straight up. I'm not sure Coots gets you that either.

But who else could you even package for a top 4 dman? I mean a bonafide top 4 dman, not a wannabe who Holmgren thinks could "develop." Dunno.

Again, I'm not in favor of trading Coots. I think he's a really smart, really talented defensive center. But I honestly don't know what other options there would be.

These guys are playing like clueless idiots in front of Bryz. He's really show something in coming back here and playing this well this year and both Laviolette and his team have been absolutely abysmal for most of this shortened season.

I know Scotty and Andrej are hurt, but there is no excuse for the utter cluelessness I'm seeing out there on the ice.

NONE.

It's pathetic.

--- Thank you Knut!! I read yesterday that in salary terms Bryz is not even in the top ten paid Goalies... He is playing very well yet people can't give credit where it is due... This defesense would suck at Minnesota let alone a NHL team. He actually sounded like a leader during interviews last night... Hope everyone in front of him get it in gear!

Not very impressed w/ G right now either... bad passes, lazy plays, etc... I guess the "C" is heavier than we all thought and I hope he is just adjusting.

Lastly, and I need to vent here - take Jake off the friggin' power play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeahyeah we suck so much...and Bryzgalov is so great....poor guy has to play on a team full of losers...

ha! what a crock of sh--

Stupid Bryzgalov picks up that 70-footer from DelZotto and it's a 1-1 game. What is with you guys anyway?

@brelic

On the other hand, what other chips would the Flyers have, really? I mean, to get a top defensman?

I like Read and wouldn't trade him, but I don't think he gets you a top 4 defenseman, do you? I'm struggling to think of any Flyer (adding in contract/cap issues) that get you a top 4 dman straight up. I'm not sure Coots gets you that either.

But who else could you even package for a top 4 dman? I mean a bonafide top 4 dman, not a wannabe who Holmgren thinks could "develop." Dunno.

Again, I'm not in favor of trading Coots. I think he's a really smart, really talented defensive center. But I honestly don't know what other options there would be.

The Flyers have quite a few chips, but no single chip will get it done, at least IMO. There's no one I want to trade up front, but someone will have to be included.

What if, for example, we are out of the playoff race come trading deadline? If you're Homer, do you quietly ask Timo if he's prepared to accept a trade to a contender who's looking for rental help? Maybe package him with someone else for a defensive prospect. I would certainly explore that if it were a realistic option.

But I agree with you that no Flyer, other than Giroux, gets you a top 4 d-man straight up. Maybe Coots for Subban would have worked straight up because of the lack of leverage in Montreal's situation.

What about a guy like Yandle? He's just 26, entering his prime, and signed for another 4 years. Phoenix is near the bottom like us... so I'm not sure a trade between the two even makes sense. Unless we try to pry Ekman-Larsson from them :)

Would you include Coots in a trade for Yandle? I'm not sure I would... but I definitely would for E-L.

Before anybody jumps too fast too far...yes we certainly did play like a buncha clowns last night for the first 40 minutes. The giveaways were bantam-esque - a few came under pressure but most were brain-cramps.

To Polaris' point - I think that's exactly right. Everybody knows Lavy's system is go-go-go all the time and a slow, disorganized start is expected till guys get their skating legs under them.

• Like 1

yeahyeah we suck so much...and Bryzgalov is so great....poor guy has to play on a team full of losers...

ha! what a crock of sh--

Stupid Bryzgalov picks up that 70-footer from DelZotto and it's a 1-1 game. What is with you guys anyway?

If stupid Bryzgalov doesn't make half a dozen other stops, it's a 5-1 Leightonesque disaster.

Basically, you're saying that Bryzgalov ALMOST stole a point for a team that has scored more than two goals a grand total of once this season.

2.19/.924 - if your team can't win with 2.19/.924 it ain't the goalie's fault.

• Like 3

ha! what a crock of sh--

Haters gonna hate ;)

Give the guy some credit when he earns it... he's sportin' a 2.19 and .924. How is that not *exactly* what we paid for? It's actually, at this point, better than he performed in Phoenix (I know, I know, it's only 6 games).

Do you know how many times the team failed to clear the puck before that first NYR goal? At least 4 that I counted. Bryz made some saves, gave them a chance to smarten up, tracked, the puck... and then a great shot right through traffic beat him short side. I betcha Rags fans were upset when Timo scored that goal and Lundy had all day to set up and cut off the angles. But Timo placed a perfect shot top shelf.

And the Talbot/Coots/Voracek experiment is a very very bad one that should end immediately. They are a very boneheaded line that gets hemmed in a lot and turns over the puck. Coots and Voracek are a team-worst -4, and that line is a combined -8 (and that's only because Talbot is a 0)!

• Like 2

Look, I am no f'n way saying that Bryz is the next Patty Roy... He has been the Flyers best player this year and has played well. Am I a Bryz fan - no, but I think it is a little ridiculous to blame everything on Bryz... there are a lot of other players that come before him on the ****-list right now...

• Like 1

Look, I am no f'n way saying that Bryz is the next Patty Roy... He has been the Flyers best player this year and has played well. Am I a Bryz fan - no, but I think it is a little ridiculous to blame everything on Bryz... there are a lot of other players that come before him on the ****-list right now...

And that list should rightfully start with Captain G.

• Like 2