UFA and when to structure for them

Guest LegionOfDoom

Player Pos Team Age Cap Hit Expiry Visnovsky, Lubomir » D NYI 36 $5,600,000 2013 (UFA) Gonchar, Sergei » D OTT 38 $5,500,000 2013 (UFA) Perry, Corey » R ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA) Getzlaf, Ryan » C ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA) Semin, Alexander » R CAR 28 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA) Iginla, Jarome » R CGY 35 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA)

Hainsey, Ron » D WIN 31 $4,500,000

2013 (UFA)

Streit, Mark » D NYI 35 $4,100,000

2013 (UFA)

any thoughts?

The biggest question is cap space. I'm thinking the Pens signs Malkin and Letang long term but they'll still have space after that. Other than Getzlaf or Perry I don't see them trying for anyone else.

As for the Flyers, I don't see any defense options worth investing. Streit isn't what you need. And the Visnovsky issue is complex.

Edited by Polaris922

@LegionOfDoom .......Not perfect...but I helped fix some of it for ya! :)

Visnovsky, Lubomir » D NYI 36 $5,600,000 2013 (UFA)

Gonchar, Sergei » D OTT 38 $5,500,000 2013 (UFA)

Perry, Corey » R ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA)

Getzlaf, Ryan » C ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA)

Semin, Alexander » R CAR 28 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA)

Iginla, Jarome » R CGY 35 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA)

Hainsey, Ron » D WIN 31 4,500,000 2013 (UFA)

Streit, Mark » D NYI 35 4,100,000 2013 (UFA)

Edited by pilldoc

I say go for getzlaf and buy out briere and breezy. If they can trade either or then go for it. But I'm totally ok with going a year with a lottery pick. Seth jones would be an awesome 1st over all. Or even someone like pollack. He is projected to fall into the latter 10-20 with a glutton of forwards available in draft. Sry meant pulock. Spelling??? He is the gifted puck moving point producing dman we need. He will prolly go 12-20 pick range. There is just so many quality nhl forwards in this draft that they will go first. Dmen are harder to predict and take longer to come into their own on most cases.

Edited by Jmdodgesrt4

I'm very familiar with him. It all depends on where the teams finish. That will determine who goes where based on need. All I'm hoping for is a lottery pick at 1 and a low teen 1st rounder. Maybe get that in kimmo or briere trade to a border line team. However with the new lottery with every team getting a chance to get the number 1 pick with no more limits on movement we have a good chance.

this mock has the Flyers taking Valeri Nichushkin a C. I don't want Homer taking another c-man. this team needs to draft d-men. I will be royally ticked if Homer drafts yet another forward.

Edited by pilldoc

we all said that last year too! remember...and look what happended.......just saying....

And then look at everyone here wanting to keep Laughton in the NHL. Can't have it both ways, and later picks are not sure things.

Beyond that, why is everyone ignoring the biggest weakness, GOALIE. Even organizational depth, if you like Bryz to finish his contract. Why not draft all goalies until one pans out (mildly sarcastic, but could work)?