Lavy juggles lines for fridays game against the caps

Guest Irishjim

The Flyers (2-5) need a spark. They have scored a total of five goals in their five losses.

Here are the new lines for Friday's game in Washington against the strugglin Capitals:

* Giroux centering Briere and Simmonds.

* Sean Couturier centering Read and Mike Knuble.

* Bryaden Schenn centering Tye McGinn and Jake Voracek.

* Max Talbot centering Ruslan Fedotenko and Zac Rinaldo.

The D pairings: Kimmo Timonen-Luke Schenn; Braydon Coburn-Bruno Gervais; Nick Grossmann-Kurtis Foster.

@Irishjim Although he does not have any points, I don't see how Welly played himself off this roster. Admittedly, McGinn has looked impressive, and Knubs was a nice veteran additon....so, I understand in principal...but Welly was one of the few forwards working the cycle and interfering on the forecheck, forcing bad passes leading to turnovers etc.

@Irishjim Although he does not have any points, I don't see how Welly played himself off this roster. Admittedly, McGinn has looked impressive, and Knubs was a nice veteran additon....so, I understand in principal...but Welly was one of the few forwards working the cycle and interfering on the forecheck, forcing bad passes leading to turnovers etc.

He should easily beat Rinaldo out. I see no use for Rinaldo at all. Wellwood has better skill and causes things to happen with his speed.

Fedotenko needs to get waived. He seriously brings nothing to the table. He was effective with Pit and TB in scoring on the Flyers. Now as a member of the Flyers he still manages to score against the Flyers.

Like him or not Wellwood would be better suited playing LW on the 4th line

• Like 2

@Bertmega

maybe the fedotenko is allergic to orange, it's like is level of play has reverted to the style that made him trade-bait all those years ago, just missing on everything, being around the play but not quite making it. this is the ruslan fedotenko i remember, not the guy that kills 5-3's as a Ranger or scores dagger gw goals for pittsburgh.

wtf ?