Scott-Thornton

blocker

Shawn Thornton has a concussion from his fight with John Scott.

Fighting is part of hockey. Thornton's and Scott's job description includes fighting. They are both honest guys trying to hold onto their gig.

But, I don't like watching a guy getting his brain knocked sideways by an opponent 60 pounds heavier and with a half-foot height advantage.

@ I have the same feeling, once you drop the gloves all bets are off....it's what these guys do for a living, if you are worried a big dude is gonna tune you up, you should not be a goon for a living.....PLUS, Thornton is one tough hombre, size difference or not. I consider him a heavyweight, takes on most teams tough guys, not a middle weight like some guys....it's all part of the risk like you said.

"I have no problem with it whatsoever. When you drop those gloves, it comes with the risk."

You're absolutely right. Guys who are paid as much as these players should do whatever is needed to win.

But, a beating from a guy with a huge advantage in size over a much smaller foe is not what we want to see in any sports event.

"I have no problem with it whatsoever. When you drop those gloves, it comes with the risk."

You're absolutely right. Guys who are paid as much as these players should do whatever is needed to win.

But, a beating from a guy with a huge advantage in size over a much smaller foe is not what we want to see in any sports event.

Conversely, if the little guy had tuned up the giant, many would be thrilled and his team may have been "inspired."

There can't be any Davids without Goliaths. And sometimes the rock misses.

There has been times when Thornton has beat a man smaller as well.. Just because a man is bigger doesn't mean he's going to win in the NHL. I dont care about who's bigger or smaller when they fight, it's what thier jobs are on the team and it's an accepted risk by them so who am I too say stop

Edited by twpguy

@ " There has been times when Thornton has beat a man smaller as well.. Just because a man is bigger doesn't mean he's going to win in the NHL. I dont care about who's bigger or smaller when they fight,"

Tie Domi made a nice living beating up people much bigger than him...it's the fight in the tiger, not the size difference.

EDIT....just remembered Stan Johnathan, 5'9 assassin.