Simmonds Out Indefinitly with Concussion

Guest hf101

All the names mentioned are bad. Steiger in Pitt is simply horrible. But the Flyers have a pretty good (bad?) match with Coates.

I wish they would dump Steigerwald and bring back Mike Lange. I like Errey...his descriptions can be a bit over the top (like a lot of ex-players) but I think for the most part he's pretty fair. I'd be thrilled with a Lange/Errey booth.

• Like 1

I think a player's individual reputation has a lot more affect than that of the organization he plays for.

I agree. I don't care who Avery plays for, he's going to have a bullseye on him from both refs and players.

I think the Flyers DO try to sell based on their BSB image. It's the only reason you bring in a guy like Carcillo who has nothing else to offer. Let's face it, until the Flyers win again, they have to keep selling to the "old guard" who yearn for bygone days when they did win. It's also why, by the way, they keep dusting off and dragging out a fat dead lady to sing "God Bless America."

They should start out with a 2 minute minor in every game in which they do that. "2 minute bench minor for killing ears and brain cells." If they can prove it actually drew blood, then assess 4 minutes.

they keep dusting off and dragging out a fat dead lady to sing "God Bless America."

actually they've pledged to stop doing that this year (she was beginning to stink) and use a new method of inflicting her upon us...something about "video" (sp?). whatever it's called.