What's more frustrating?

Guest filly4life

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is more Frustrating?

• Knowing you have a goalie that will never pitch a shoutout?
    • Having an offense that requires a shutout to win?

Knowing you have a goalie that will never pitch a shutout?

or

Having an offense that pretty much requires a shutout in order to win?

This team is just horrible right now. As good as Bryz might be playing, he will never steal a game. But at the same time I feel bad for him cause the offense is just non-existent. How bad is Florida that we scored 7 against them!? That's like a week AND A HALF of offensive production from this team. Even if Bryz had a 1.00 GAA I feel like that would at best just guarantee us a point for an OT or SO loss...

@filly4life

We are an AHL squad + Giroux (who is playing down to that level). FLA is decimated by injuries (worse than us), plus they gave up is how we beat them. Its the lack of focused effort that chaps my ass, though. When you suck, you get it done by busting your ass harder than the other guy. Thats not happening right now.

Bryz has stolen a game. Its just, we loose those too :(

• 3 weeks later...

Knowing you have a goalie that will never pitch a shutout?

or

Having an offense that pretty much requires a shutout in order to win?

This team is just horrible right now. As good as Bryz might be playing, he will never steal a game. But at the same time I feel bad for him cause the offense is just non-existent. How bad is Florida that we scored 7 against them!? That's like a week AND A HALF of offensive production from this team. Even if Bryz had a 1.00 GAA I feel like that would at best just guarantee us a point for an OT or SO loss...

I'm going with the goalie part for 2 reasons. The Defense won't allow it and the goalie isn't good enough quite simply. Bryz's positioning isn't the best in the world. The offense doesnt always need a shootout but it will more because the defense AND goalie keep allowing easy scores

I agree, goalie. That Scrivens guy makes the saves that people here try to pin on bad D when it goes past Bryz. I don't care how good the shooter was positioned, they don't always go in unless its Bryz. The dude sucks, and nothing short of a plexiglass cover in front of the net will help him keep the puck out of the net. Other teams players make plays, other goalies sure as hell make plays against Philly (Budaj's stick by the goal line ring a bell?), why can't Bryz do that consistently? Or at all? It ain't team D, which needs improvement, it's lack of actual skill in Bryz. Period.

I would argue that Bryzgalov HAS made those saves occasionally along the way for you guys this year. I wouldn't say as frequently as Rinne or Lundqvist, but enough to not be the biggest concern on your roster.

So far this year I would agree with you but all too often Bryz lets in a stinker of a goal and they are ALWAYS at the worst possible moment.........