Boring games

off_the_post

Injuries, bad refs and losses aside the games this year have been down right boring. I remember enjoying watching last year even when they lost. At least the games where high scoring and fast. This is like watching bad pee wee house league.

I wont go into what I think the problems are just the fact the games are not entertaining...period.

Injuries, bad refs and losses aside the games this year have been down right boring. I remember enjoying watching last year even when they lost. At least the games where high scoring and fast. This is like watching bad pee wee house league.

I wont go into what I think the problems are just the fact the games are not entertaining...period.

I agree. I wonder if in part it's their inability to move the puck, or if we are accustomed to winning and it's painful to watch these losses. We knew why the 06-07 team was terrible--it was old, slow, and untalented. This is a different squad and it's hard to understand the losses with talent on hand.

Best,

Howie

I agree. I wonder if in part it's their inability to move the puck, or if we are accustomed to winning and it's painful to watch these losses. We knew why the 06-07 team was terrible--it was old, slow, and untalented. This is a different squad and it's hard to understand the losses with talent on hand.

Best,

Howie

Howie:

I was bored the entire game last night. Really bored. Like getting up a number of times and going into the kitchen for extended periods of time. This team is killing my waistline!

Ok, not that I need a lot of scoring, but just seeing some nice passing and playmaking happening would be great. Which it is not. Even if they lose!

This entire team lacks cohesiveness, sych, playing like a unit. It is all random. This is not a team that does well when they press. Try too hard. The Lavy time outs seem more to just get their attention. Like holding a biscuit in front of a dog. To get their attention and focus. Is it possible that a team like this just looses their attention? Look at the bench when the camera pans and tell me what you think.

When they skate loose and move their feet and the puck they are beautiful to watch. I think this is the essence of the Lavy attack system. If you do not do that you will look abysmal. Like they do now. Lavy's system is all about fluidity and rapid puck movement. IF you do not have puck movement or slow down you are toast.

If I was Lavy, I do not know what I would do to get everybody on the same page. Well, except skate up and down the ice in practice passing the puck. That simple. It is gut wrenching to watch them struggle with puck movement on the PP. And I think it is killing the high skilled players like Brier and Giroux.

I sure would not juggle lines. Perhaps with the injuries that is exactly what has happened and that is a lot of the problem.

BOI

• Like 2

Howie:

I was bored the entire game last night. Really bored. Like getting up a number of times and going into the kitchen for extended periods of time. This team is killing my waistline!

Ok, not that I need a lot of scoring, but just seeing some nice passing and playmaking happening would be great. Which it is not. Even if they lose!

This entire team lacks cohesiveness, sych, playing like a unit. It is all random. This is not a team that does well when they press. Try too hard. The Lavy time outs seem more to just get their attention. Like holding a biscuit in front of a dog. To get their attention and focus. Is it possible that a team like this just looses their attention? Look at the bench when the camera pans and tell me what you think.

When they skate loose and move their feet and the puck they are beautiful to watch. I think this is the essence of the Lavy attack system. If you do not do that you will look abysmal. Like they do now. Lavy's system is all about fluidity and rapid puck movement. IF you do not have puck movement or slow down you are toast.

If I was Lavy, I do not know what I would do to get everybody on the same page. Well, except skate up and down the ice in practice passing the puck. That simple. It is gut wrenching to watch them struggle with puck movement on the PP. And I think it is killing the high skilled players like Brier and Giroux.

I sure would not juggle lines. Perhaps with the injuries that is exactly what has happened and that is a lot of the problem.

BOI

I am wondering tonight if we have offense...but the usual defensive lapses.

Howie

Howie:

Better. Not great but better. 3rd left much to be desired. We miss Jagr's puck control, and still need a puck moving defenseman. This is no surprise. With the moves Homer tried to pull off, he was well aware of the D deficiency. He threw a lot against the wall but it is not sticking. Luke Schenn should be required to stick handle 16 hours a day and sleep with his stick until he develops a real feel for it and puck control. Maybe get some lessons for Pitkanen..

BOI