Did someone start a Bobby Ryan thread?

Guest Orangecat

I visit this place every couple of days and sure as **** there is always let's trade Player X for Bobby Ryan... Look, the Flyers have had their chance to land the hometown hockey hero but have ultimately shied away from the asking price. Ryan is a very good proven player but I am not sure mortgaging the future for him is the right thing to do... Cooter played a great rookie season and has the hockey smarts (see his defensive play) which suddenly did not dissapear.

Hypothetically, say we could trade Sestito (stay with me here) for Ryan... do you think the Flyers ultimately become a Stanley Cup contender w/out letting any of our talent go? I dont... the defense is horrendous. Why not hold onto a very promising young player like Cooter and NOT take on Bobby Ryan's huge salary... in the meantime, bank your dollars for next year's free angency pool. Perry, Getz., etc... (and please a d man)

Cooter can stay... if you want to dangle someone as trade bait I rather see Schenn go than Cooter... Schenn has done nothing this year but in the end I would have to be seriously wowed to even consider trading him. Young and very talented players are a commodity and we have a bunch right now... lets see them develop.

Lastly, I heard that Weber was demanding a trade :rolleyes:

Edited by murraycraven
  • Like 2