Iggy to flyers for Laughton?

Guest Jmdodgesrt4

Seems to buzzing around in the rumor mill. And from my friend,which has been right a lot, days the flyers have asked about iggy. Thoughts ?

Maybe. The Flyers are very rich at center (G, Briere, Schenn, Couturier, Talbot - just in the NHL), and Iginla is absolutely a heart and soul player, with talent, at wing. If they could make Laughton conditional upon Iginla resigning (ideally for two years), sure.

The guy hasn't scored fewer than 30 goals since 1999-2000. That's pretty damn impressive. I've always liked his demeanour, but I wonder at 35 years old if it's just another run at the same ol same ol player past his prime.

If we accept that we want to move forward with this core, why make a move at all? Let the chips fall where they may, and rebuild through the draft. Trading for Iginla to me sounds like a panic move and says 'we WILL make the playoffs this season'. I'm ok if they don't make the playoffs, but I know the Flyers brass probably is not.

I'd rather use Laughton for someone that will grow with this team, either on defense or on wing.

The guy hasn't scored fewer than 30 goals since 1999-2000. That's pretty damn impressive. I've always liked his demeanour, but I wonder at 35 years old if it's just another run at the same ol same ol player past his prime.

If we accept that we want to move forward with this core, why make a move at all? Let the chips fall where they may, and rebuild through the draft. Trading for Iginla to me sounds like a panic move and says 'we WILL make the playoffs this season'. I'm ok if they don't make the playoffs, but I know the Flyers brass probably is not.

I'd rather use Laughton for someone that will grow with this team, either on defense or on wing.

What kind of fantasy is this? Laughton is a nobody as of yet. All he has shown is heart, and that's not enough to be on most NHL rosters right now, let alone traded for a 30 goal man. I know you guys live your draft picks but come on!!

What kind of fantasy is this? Laughton is a nobody as of yet. All he has shown is heart, and that's not enough to be on most NHL rosters right now, let alone traded for a 30 goal man. I know you guys live your draft picks but come on!!

Sheesh, calm down! ;)

I wasn't suggesting straight up. I'm suggesting that if the Flames are interested in rebuilding - which to me is what an Iginla trade signifies - then to have a guy like Laughton involved in such a trade makes sense.

Sheesh, calm down! ;)

I wasn't suggesting straight up. I'm suggesting that if the Flames are interested in rebuilding - which to me is what an Iginla trade signifies - then to have a guy like Laughton involved in such a trade makes sense.

Hahaha yeah, I thought that was implied too.

I just don't see how this fits into the long term picture. Are we getting Iggy and his big contract for a long run in the playoffs?....HAH HAHAHAHA! I love Iggy, always thought he should have been a Flyers, but at his price tag, with how the team looks....I don't see the reasoning. Let's improve the defense and goalies...spend every possible red cent on this....if the offense does not do it's part, oh well....but no way in holy hell do the Flyers make a deep run with this defense....not even close. As much as I respect Iggy, it's a backwards move for the franchise at this point in time.

• Like 3

Sheesh, calm down! ;)

I was replying to the topic not your post. The title implies even up.

As much as I've always liked Iginla, this trade would just be more of the same old thing that always keeps us competetive but never good enough to win it all. We'd get to have the tail end of a great career (as always) then watch the part going the other way play for the next 10 years. If this team is this bad, live with it...and get the front end, middle AND tail end of a great career in the draft.

• Like 2

So you are saying you know Briere was asked, and declined, to waive his NMC?

Did you forget to start your day with your usual triple rum and coke? 'Cause I think you misunderstood the OP's remarks; I think he was referring to DB's play.

Get a drink in you already man!

Atta boy.

After going out Saturday around 5 with a friend who's going to Australia and deciding Scotch, Irish Car Bombs and beer til 230 am was a good idea, I didn't imbibe a whole lot yesterday.

That kind of mix sounds like a recipe for a really lousy day after, for sure! OUCH!!!!

Seems to buzzing around in the rumor mill. And from my friend,which has been right a lot, days the flyers have asked about iggy. Thoughts ?

I say get r done....do it NOW....no time to waste. with that said i still think he is still to effective...scores to many goals, he's coming off a 32 goals season.

Flyers need to wait 5 more years, when his skills have declined more, then they should do everything possible to obtain him...sorry i don't think he is over the hill enough to fit the Flyer's needs at this time.

Where is the sarcasm font....