John Erskine Comments on Suspension

hf101

“I’m not happy with the suspension. He did what he had to do,” Erskine said of Shanahan in his first public comments since being suspended. “It was more of a reflex and my elbow came up at the last second. I wasn’t targeting his head or trying to injure him.

“I don’t think it was a reckless play or a reckless elbow. I wasn’t flying down the ice at 100 miles an hour with my elbow up in the air, but that’s what he called it and I’ve got to live with it.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/wp/2013/02/04/john-erskine-on-suspension-i-dont-think-it-was-a-reckless-play/

I'll bet Shanahan believed every word of his defense. :lol:

When do we play the Caps again? I can't wait for Sestito/Shelley/Rinaldo/Simmonds/Schenn/Schenn to "reflexively" return the favor.......You took a cheap shot at the guy and then try to say you didn't? Talk about cowardly..........

What a plug... at least have the balls to admit you screwed up. To completely deny it, even in the face of video evidence is just absurd. I'd say that I lost some respect for that player/team, but I didn't really have any to lose.

• Like 1

What a load of BS! Even if you were to say "hey I was just trying to slow him down I didn't mean to catch his head but I did so I respect the decision" it's at least respectable. This is complete garbage!

I wonder if Mr. Oates had anything to say to him after reading those quotes. As I remember it, Oates was one of the most upstanding players to play.

I wasn’t flying down the ice at 100 miles an hour with my elbow up in the air, but that’s what he called it and I’ve got to live with it.”

That is comical. No Mr Erskine, You were flying down the ice at 100 mph and at the last second- seeing you were going to get cleanly steam rolled and not pulling up, you decide to let the elbow fly. d i c k.

• Like 1

I remember that way too so I hope he beat Erskine up over it.

I like this part: "Erskine said he has since sent Simmonds a text message to express his remorse over the incident and expressed hope that the Flyers forward would be able to return to the lineup soon."

I am sure the text went something like this: "Bro, though I look like a man with my manly beard and manly tattoos, but I really am a p u s s y. I could not just pull up in my own arena and seeing how you were going to clean my clock, instead of taking the hit like a man (and as my beard and tats would suggest I am), I took the kitty cat way out. Sorry bro."

WTF, you get his number and can not even just call him and speak mano-o-mano?

I can not wait for the next caps / Flyers game in our barn.

• Like 1

“I don’t think it was a reckless play or a reckless elbow. I wasn’t flying down the ice at 100 miles an hour with my elbow up in the air

Who the hell flies down the ice with their elbow up in the air? You did, however, fly down the ice and then throw your elbow up into another player's head and gave him a concussion.

Puss.