F YEA ZAC!

Guest pensuck

I'd love to see Erskine on Zac's card for the next time we play Carolina to address that dirty elbow on Simmonds.

I know you meant Washington but hell yeah. As much as I loved that beat down, and Crombeen earned it, Zac did punch him one time too many. Crombeen will be diagnosed with a concussion and miss a few games and I understand Zac was sending a message. Lecavier tried to do the same thing to Talbot but Talbot was taken off his skates and not knocked into next week. Zac definitely got his message though, you go after our star and we will knock you the eff out. The thing was he already had before he hit him with the last punch.

• Like 1

@flyerrod....Yes, sorry. I've had Carolina on the brain. Not actually sure why, even.

And I may be picking nits, but I saw a slight difference between Rinaldo and Crombeen and Talbot and LaCav. I may be accused of being a homer, but Talbot was actually flat on his back on the ice when LaCav got his last little rabbit, er sucker, punch in. That was bad form.

The way I saw the Rinaldo fight, Crombeen was technically not on the ice, though he was out of it and going down. He wasn't actually down with his back on the ice. Rinaldo may have been holding him up. That's fair and I can't fault Rinaldo for those last two punches.

So, in my book, until you're really on the mat, you're a live target and whoever is throwing punches can keep throwing. But I totally agree with your post. Loved the message Zac sent. That's what the Flyers need to do more of. That sends a message league-wide. Teams will learn. Or they won't and they'll be punished. The Flyers just need to be consistent with enforcing that message.

• Like 4

Good fight for Rinaldo... But do you guys think he's any more than a middle weight? How will he line up against say Orr or Scott? Engelland?

He's a middleweight for sure, but a damn good one. He's already mostly fighting guys who are bigger than him. I wouldn't want to see him go up against any of the guys you mentioned, but then Rinaldo can actually skate and play the game and take a regular shift -- those other guys are obsolescent goons.

• Like 3

He's a middleweight for sure, but a damn good one. He's already mostly fighting guys who are bigger than him. I wouldn't want to see him go up against any of the guys you mentioned, but then Rinaldo can actually skate and play the game and take a regular shift -- those other guys are obsolescent goons.

Engelland actually plays solid D but I agree on the other two. I don't see Rinaldo much so I figured I'd ask. I wonder how he'll fare against guys like Asham and Glass then. Could prove interesting...

The way I saw the Rinaldo fight, Crombeen was technically not on the ice, though he was out of it and going down.

Technically he was not on the ice when he punched him the last time, but you could count the tweety birds circling his head when he was on the way down. I like to see guys like Crombeen handed their hats, but hitting the guy when he is already out will lead to a serious injury which is something this sport does not need.

Good fight for Rinaldo... But do you guys think he's any more than a middle weight? How will he line up against say Orr or Scott? Engelland?

what @mkscrewy said.

he's not a big guy but he is tenacious as all hell and until he gets tuned up really good by a monster like orr i don't see him shying from any match up. that little ****** is as strong as a draft horse.

i reckon sestito won't fight any more since he's now a "skill player" :D . but i imagine he would be the guy to go with the true heavyweights.

Thought he could have laid off the last two punches...he'd already won.

apparently Zac had 2nd thoughts about those shots too

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inqflyersreport/Rinaldos-bout-a-huge-bolt-of-energy.html

Rinaldo said none of his punches were late.

“I hit him until he was down. I’m not going to hit nobody (late) no matter who they are or what they’ve done,” Rinaldo said. “I’ll never hit someone when they’re down; I hit him until he was down and made sure he was down and that was it.”

Rinaldo said he talked to referee Kelly Sutherland to get his opinion.

“I kind of felt bad if maybe I didn’t stop myself, but I’m pretty sure I did. I even asked Kelly what he thought and he said ‘No, you’re good.’ ’

Edited by canoli