F YEA ZAC!

Guest pensuck

@pilldoc

Something I learned today: it's difficult to find pictures of wolverines killing their prey. No doubt because nobody would be crazy enough to get that close to one to get a picture!

However, I found this one, post kill:

uspw_5982668.jpg

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 1

Rinaldo said none of his punches were late.

“I hit him until he was down. I’m not going to hit nobody (late) no matter who they are or what they’ve done,” Rinaldo said. “I’ll never hit someone when they’re down; I hit him until he was down and made sure he was down and that was it.”

Rinaldo said he talked to referee Kelly Sutherland to get his opinion.

“I kind of felt bad if maybe I didn’t stop myself, but I’m pretty sure I did. I even asked Kelly what he thought and he said ‘No, you’re good.’ ’

This was how I saw it at the time. Nice to know Rinaldo checked in with the ref. I felt a little bad about the last punch as well, but it wasn't quite over the line -- Crombeen was not down on the ice yet, and I think it's too much to ask the guy throwing to realize that quickly that his opponent is dazed. After all, Crombeen did get up after the fight and start skating away, it was only after a few strides that he really started to look wobbly.

Lecavalier's last punch on Talbot, however, was dirty and is a perfect example of going one too far, which Rinaldo didn't do. Vinny should get a refresher on the code from someone his own size - like Sestito - in the next Flyers / Bolts game, IMO.

• Like 3

Engelland actually plays solid D but I agree on the other two. I don't see Rinaldo much so I figured I'd ask. I wonder how he'll fare against guys like Asham and Glass then. Could prove interesting...

Didn't realize Engelland was a legit player, I thought he was just a goon, but you've seen a lot more of him. Asham is/was just about the toughest middleweight around...He's a good comparison for Rinaldo and that would be one h*ll of a fight.

• Like 2

Good fight for Rinaldo... But do you guys think he's any more than a middle weight? How will he line up against say Orr or Scott? Engelland?

I don't think he's more than a middle weight. I'd cringe watching him go up against Engelland, that dude is fuggin tough! There's really be no point. I know he'd do it if challenged but that would be a one sided deal if you ask me. And I love Rinaldo's passion so it's difficult for me to say it but hey, it is true

“I hit him until he was down,” Rinaldo explained. “I’m not going to hit nobody, no matter who they are or what they’ve done, I’ll never hit someone when they’re down. I hit him until he was down and I made sure he was down. That was it.”

Perhaps even feeling a little guilty, Rinaldo asked referee Kelly Sutherland whether he had crossed the line.

“I kind of felt bad, if maybe I didn’t stop myself, but I’m pretty sure I did,” Rinaldo said, with a bandage covering a cut on the bridge of his nose. “He said, ‘No, you’re good. It was fine, you hit him right before he went down, you made him fall down.’

I'm not so sure about the last punch, but the second last one...Crombeen *could* have landed on his knees and come back swinging...or maybe I'm just making excuses for Zac...either way, I wanna see him fight in the next game...if the time is right.

Edited by jammer2

Technically he was not on the ice when he punched him the last time, but you could count the tweety birds circling his head when he was on the way down. I like to see guys like Crombeen handed their hats, but hitting the guy when he is already out will lead to a serious injury which is something this sport does not need.

I don't necessarily disagree, but then hitting anyone in the head really hard with a fist could lead to serious injury. All it takes it just one really good punch - and it could be the very first punch thrown. If that's the concern, ban fighting all together.

@DAXflyer Hilarious!! That is some funny s*** right there! WOW, that interview is a prosecuters DREAM!!! The kid has some likeable qualities...would not be shocked to see this is his big break and he gets his own reality show....sadly enough, people would watch!!

You can't help but like the guy. Barring jail, or a reality show in his future, he will probably just float through life with people thinking he is a dirtbag. But he has good qualities, like you say.

ha - thanks for uploading that vid - this guy is like the new youtube hero (dk how old this is, I'm prob behind the times)

anyway - turns out he's got musical talent too besides being a Hatchet-job Hitchhiker - does a great job with Wagon Wheel on ukulele.

@canoli Ya know, I thought it was gonna be one of those quick check it out and cancel things....but yeah, he was pretty good...not a virtuoso or anythinhg, but he could carry a tune and kept me entertained more often than not....pretty cool. The chick in the background was hot also, maybe that helped.

ya that's it like you said, not a virtuoso or anything but he can carry a tune, and sings it with feeling. always loved the song, which helped me enjoy it a lot - plus the cutie dancing in the bkgrnd....doesn't hurt! :)