Bench Knuble

Guest caluso

i know Lavy and Homer continually preach "discipline." if they really want to send the message to the team that undisciplined play will not be accepted, SIT KNUBLE.

aside from the fact that kuble stinks (aside: great move, Gomer), his two minor penalties were terrible and could have easily cost us the game. SIT KUNUBLE, send a message to the team that undisciplined play won't be tolerated.

having said that, Lavy determines ice time by the name on the jersey and not a players' performance so i am sure knuble will go unpunished.

I really could care less either way. For me, he's kind of a forgettable player. But all-in-all, I don't think he's played that badly. The second penalty was a little ticky-tack.

While we're complaining about vets, do you think Briere could hit the net with an uzi on the power play? He was horrible in the third. He couldn't have hit the net if he stood inside it.

• Like 4

i didn't get to catch the whole game thanks to work, but the "slashing" penalty I saw he hit the puck. I thought that was a complete BS call. Granted I did work a 14 hour day and had a couple of brews in me so maybe I was seeing things :)

I think some people's expectations might be a too bit high on Knuble. The guy is 40 years old, and probably should have retired this year. Really my only expectation when he signed here was to give Hartnell and Simmonds some pointers on getting the dirty goals and neither one of them is in the lineup.

I don't think Knuble has been bad at all. He hasn't looked as slow as I thought he would and he rarely loses board battles. I also think he brings a culture of hard work, a "team first" mentality and, of course, experience

@Podein25

Knuble only has one goal, and most fans probably expect so much more as if he could just automatically be the guy he was 4 years ago, but I agree with you, he's done as well as can be expected for a 40 yo fill in. His presence in the locker room probably cannot be quantified as of yet, but I bet it's a very positive effect.

i know Lavy and Homer continually preach "discipline." if they really want to send the message to the team that undisciplined play will not be accepted, SIT KNUBLE.

aside from the fact that kuble stinks (aside: great move, Gomer), his two minor penalties were terrible and could have easily cost us the game. SIT KUNUBLE, send a message to the team that undisciplined play won't be tolerated.

having said that, Lavy determines ice time by the name on the jersey and not a players' performance so i am sure knuble will go unpunished.

Tell me again why we have Knuble?

He is a transient, temporary, forgettable player. Who cares about Knuble? He was a necessity to patch holes. The team is missing Hartnell and Simmonds. You need to dress *somebody*...

Agreed. Transient, temporary, forgettable. Probably necessary at the moment.

But if I'm going to hammer a vet right now, it's Briere. Maybe "okay" in general, but someone PLEASE get him the hell off of Giroux's line. People talk about the C and all that, but Briere is killing the kid. He's just flat out horrible in every zone and every situation. Maybe it's Briere. Maybe it's them together. But let's find out and separate them ASAP.

While we're doing what should be flatly obvious...get Jake off of the power play. Oh, and tell Timonen to never again use one of his whimpy-assed wrist shots from the point.

Swap Briere and Read?

Read is like a Gerber multi tool. Is there a player in the league that is a better value than him ?

i like that guy's game a lot, he's not afraid to shoot and has a hockey IQ that's pretty damn high, i saw he was on G's line for couple of games and then the lines were shuffled again, not sure why i think it would work, Giroux needs a finisher and Briere isn't getting it done, at least Read will let it fly and isn't always looking to make a play the way 48 does.

I think your watching brieres last year in philly. Schenn looks a lot better at his natural center position now with coots sick. Besides brieres cap hit next year would extremely limit the flyers in signing anyone including resigning coots and giroux and scheen the following year. Coby can be traded and I prolly wouldn't care. He has not impressed my for about two years now