Lavy gets a rise out of Steve Ott

Guest terp

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/Stars-Ott-blasts-Lavys-arrogance-.html

This was one of the more interesting subtexts to a game that was filled with chirping and confrontation. My personal sense was that Lavy simply wanted to go to the dressing room and wasn't going to let Steve Ott stop him. As a Flyers fan, you have to love this.

Ott comes off like a tool, talking about "respect" after some of the stuff he's pulled.

was upset that Laviolette didn’t leave the ice from the Flyers’ corner exit. Instead, he walked down the Stars’ tunnel _ as visiting coaches are prone to do _ because it’s a shortcut and saves them from walking on the ice.

So it wasn't the first time this happened and likely won't be the last. And Ott is a sputtering, jabbering mess because of it?

Puh-leeze.

Games aren't won in the tunnel, Steverino. Maybe if you weren't getting your collective heads handed to you on the ice, the tunnel wouldn't have been so important...

Dont you think the Flyers 3rd and 4th lines can grind it out of the other team a bit and put them off balance

Sestito, Rinaldo and the Z man bumping cleanly and forechecking hard with speed and size.

If they had a little more "hands"......

Maybe it will come

"You skate around and make the other team hate you" #28 Giroux

Dont you think the Flyers 3rd and 4th lines can grind it out of the other team a bit and put them off balance

Sestito, Rinaldo and the Z man bumping cleanly and forechecking hard with speed and size.

I believe Pierre made that point during the game. Trevor Daley got pounded by that line then got beat by Jagr for a goal on the same shift. Would have to go back and look to be sure it was the same shift but the point is the same. I'd like to see that 4th line stay together for a while. That was an awesome shift they had and they could be very effective at doing what you describe.

@terp

i thought that 4th line was very effective also... harry z must be the most irritating guy this side of steve avery...everyone was face washing him every chance they got. Scrabble has some serious speed and nice hands... i wonder if he would be okay on the power play? rinaldo can play some hockey as well as throw the hands; plus sestito can really skate, and didn't look out of place on NHL ice... anyway i like the way this team is playing, we roll 4 lines that are difficult to match up with... and those guys soften up a d-pairing pretty well and here comes Giroux ,Jagr and Hartnell with some sick skill.

So it wasn't the first time this happened and likely won't be the last. And Ott is a sputtering, jabbering mess because of it?

Puh-leeze.

Games aren't won in the tunnel, Steverino. Maybe if you weren't getting your collective heads handed to you on the ice, the tunnel wouldn't have been so important...

Too bad it wasn't Berube using the short cut. He would have made short work of Ott.

@terp

well i love sonic temple it is gloriously produced, and those guys were at their peak at that time in my estimation , however the album love has she sells sanctuary and rain on it and those are two of my favorite songs but it is pretty uneven and sounds low-fi next to sonic temple.... i hate to say it but pure cult their greatest hits has all the good songs, good production and has the witch on it and that was an early "industrial" sounding song. its a good place to jump in if you're interested in checking them out.