Sometimes (But not often) I amaze myself

yave1964

My last post about the Wings I went on a bit of a pitty party rant, with a couple of main points:

Howard needed a night off and the 19 year old kid Mrasak who was killing it down at Grand Rapids deserved a start.

Secondary scoring, if Cleary, Tootoo, Emmerton, Miller, Tatar and Abdelkader did not get it going with the offense it was going to be a long season. Every team needs third and fourth liners to pick up the team when the big boys just arent having their best games.

Well.

Last night Mrasak was brilliant in net, stopping 27 of 28 shots from a solid Blues team, Emmerton and Cleary both scored while the rest of the third/fourth lines all had an assist.

Good to see the bottom lines win one for us. You cannot expect the top two lines to win every game night in night out.

Mrasak was outstanding, his energy in the crease was amazing, but most importantly the Wing defense tightened up in front of the kid. If he had that type of energy from the blue line when he is in net, Howard would be a perenial all star.

Good win tonight boys. Lets keep it going.

• Like 1