Washington offer on the table for Luongo....

jammer2

Not sure if this offer is official, or just a rumor, but apparently it's Marcus Johnsson and Michael Neuvirth for Roberto Luongo and Mason Raymond. This would be a pretty big deal if it went down, the secondary players are pretty decent. I guess the ball is in Vancouver's court, but can't see them getting much more back for Roberto....we shall see huh guys?

http://www.insiderrumors.com/2013/vancouver-canucks/capitals-offer-on-the-table-for-luongo/

The more I think about this, the more I would not do it if I was Washington. They have two fine young goalies who have both got off to bad starts....Holtby in particular was wicked good during the playoffs. So, you take on a Gazillion year contract cause Holtby did not return to playoff form right away...only giving him a few weeks to calm down?? This move has panic written all over it...PLUS, Marcus is not a throw in, he's a legit offensive threat....and it would not be easy to replace his points. Although Raymond plays a tougher all round game. I really believe Neuvirth is the lesser of the two kidis....so they may have picked the right one to ship out. This move is something Snider would order Homer to go out and do...and that's not good.

From a Vancouver perspective, they get a good young tender back, Schneider insurance if you will. They also get a top 6 forward....and give away Robertos huge contract, so they don't have to buy him out....AND a third line checker....what a steal!

The only thing I can think of is Washington smells that the OV days are nearing an end, either by retirement, trade or going back home to Russia....and they want a last few kicks at the can before the end of an era is declared. I really don't OV plays out that contract in Wash...just a gut feeling.

• Like 1

To philly: ovechkin-neuvirth

To wash: luongo-coburn-voracek-couturier

To van: leighton-laughton-picks

Yes I'm sleep deprived (newborn). With Scneider I can't see van wanting one of washington's young goalies. Then someone threw Ovechkin's name out there and got the NHL13 mind churning.

Yes I'm sleep deprived (newborn). With Scneider I can't see van wanting one of washington's young goalies. Then someone threw Ovechkin's name out there and got the NHL13 mind churning.

Obviously you need to get some sleep. Effectively, Philly would lose coburn, voracek, couturier, leighton, AND laughton - for ovechkin and neuvy.

F no. I do not value Ovechkin nearly as much as three years ago.

Yikes. I would hunt Homer down and kill him if he did that one.

• Like 1

Has neuvirth fallen off that bad this season? I don't believe Ovechkin will stay in his current slump, but yeah I prob gave one player too many in that scenario.

Neuvy hasn't fallen that far, as he's still a young positionally-sound goalie with NHL experience. He's flat out not as good as Holtby, and also has some athletic limitations, unlike Bobrovsky and Varlamov.

But the Flyers are married to Bryz, and OV has a monster contract without the on-ice product. OV still looks lost without the puck sometimes.

With all due respect to Ovie his best days seem to be behind him. He is kind of in the same hell as Luongo, a change of scenery would do him wonders but with that contract nobody will give up fair market value for him.

And as far as the three team deal you have listed yje biggest need for the Flyers remains defense, and while I am not claiming Coburn is a stud he is solid, You would be left with:

Two goalies with fragile confidence

Ovie replacing Jagr, and losing Couturier in the process

A weakened goaltending

No thanks

Vancouver kinda bungled this whole thing. Luongo has had his struggles in the past, but he's still an elite level goaltender. And they're ready to ship him out of town and anoint a 26 year old who has a whopping 72 games of NHL experience as their franchise #1?

Yeah, good luck with that one.

Schneider put up those numbers last year behind an excellent defensive squad. Luongo has been putting up those numbers his entire career behind a weak Panthers squad and an evolving Canucks team.

I'm not saying Schneider is not the real deal, but they seem awfully quick to believe that 72 games is all you need these days.

Luongo has been putting up those numbers his entire career behind a weak Panthers squad and an evolving Canucks team.

I think the biggest reason they want to move Luongo is not his performance so much as the length and cost of his contract. Schneider may win fewer games but he also costs about 1.3 mil a season less . Luongo's playoff stats that have been less than stellar might be part of it too.....

I think the biggest reason they want to move Luongo is not his performance so much as the length and cost of his contract. Schneider may win fewer games but he also costs about 1.3 mil a season less . Luongo's playoff stats that have been less than stellar might be part of it too.....

I agree rod. That contract is just like the ones Homer is so fond of giving out.

That being said, it's still a risky move to get rid of an elite goaltender performing like an elite goaltender for a guy that has 72 games of NHL experience and still hasn't proven anything yet.

I would very much recommend you get sleep before you hurt someone or yourself. That was an abortion of a trade suggestion. A+ for creativity, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this offer is official, or just a rumor, but apparently it's Marcus Johnsson and Michael Neuvirth for Roberto Luongo and Mason Raymond. This would be a pretty big deal if it went down, the secondary players are pretty decent. I guess the ball is in Vancouver's court, but can't see them getting much more back for Roberto....we shall see huh guys?

http://www.insiderru...ble-for-luongo/

Here is my offer Bryz for Luongo and some prospect to of course to make things even...

...both could use a change of scenery and Flyers need to get out from under a contact...

...Luongo would be worth the gambe for a year same for Bryz then if they suck buy them both out...both teams...

hell i may take a over paid player to make it happen like Ballard...any way it's astarting point!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor The Nucks are trying to get out of cap hell by unloading Luongo, but then they would take back just as big a cap hit, for almost as many years for a way less effecive goalie?? I don't get this from a Vancouver perspetive....but nice try.... :)

• 2 weeks later...