Second period woes do a 180

Polaris922

So how about that game against Washington, huh? I didn't get to see it all thanks to work, but I caught the entire first period and flashes of the second. From what I could see they just were relentless on the Caps mistakes. They really seemed to turn it up a notch when the bell rang for period number two. Maybe they got tired of all the earlier struggles in the second period? They seem a completely righted ship since their last loss.

And I'm completely impressed with the play of Depres and Bortuzzo. They've been stellar. Dylan Reese (Upper St. Clair boy and all) didn't look quite as sharp from what I saw, but first game jitters? We'll see how that goes...

So how about that game against Washington, huh? I didn't get to see it all thanks to work, but I caught the entire first period and flashes of the second. From what I could see they just were relentless on the Caps mistakes. They really seemed to turn it up a notch when the bell rang for period number two. Maybe they got tired of all the earlier struggles in the second period? They seem a completely righted ship since their last loss.

And I'm completely impressed with the play of Depres and Bortuzzo. They've been stellar. Dylan Reese (Upper St. Clair boy and all) didn't look quite as sharp from what I saw, but first game jitters? We'll see how that goes...

The depth at D from top to bottom in the organization is almost unfair.

Wish I could say the same for forwards. Great interview with Jonathan Bombulie on The Fan on Friday. He's the beat writer for the WBS Baby Pens. Very high on Bennett. Best chance the Pens have had at deveopling a top 6 forward since Ryan Malone....which is nice but all things considered, isn't saying much (all due respect to Ryan Malone).

Reese aquitted himself well. If he wasn't an Upper St. Clain boy, he'd be perfect.

@B21 At least you have the goaltending and defense taken care of, that's more than most teams.....they only need to add forwards now, a huge head start on most teams. The Pen's did it the right way, solidify your goaltending, work on the defense and then move to the forwards. Finding goals is a lot easier than making up a patch work defense.