Boosh is back, Leighton

jackhole

Reported Upper body injury for Leghton caused by;

A). The towel he has worn around his neck all season was too heavy.

B). The baseball hat he has worn all season has been too tight.

Counting on my fellow members for more reasons!

On IR .... :):o :blink:

Wow that insurance policy is paying off...

...so glad we have not only 1 but two of the worst backup in the whole NHL...

...Byrz has to be feeling really confident he ain't going no where...

..well i guess that Heeter will be back with the Phantoms...

...i have never seen an organization in any sport de-value one of the biggest spots on a team like the Flyers do when it comes to having a competent backup goaltender.

Reported Upper body injury for Leghton caused by;

A). The towel he has worn around his neck all season was too heavy.

B). The baseball hat he has worn all season has been too tight.

Counting on my fellow members for more reasons!

Probably whiplash from watching the goals going in behind him.

• Like 1

Booooucccchhhh's stats for career.....he played ten games for the Canes last year and the numbers were not pretty...ALTHOUGH, his stats were very respectable the year before for Philly.

http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=14461

In fact, if you look, most of Bouch's nice years came in Philly, with a few exceptions. He probably feels comfortable here and it allows him to preform better....just guessing of course.

Edited by jammer2

...i have never seen an organization in any sport de-value one of the biggest spots on a team like the Flyers do when it comes to having a competent backup goaltender.

There, fixed :) Though, I suppose the intent was there to do it when they signed Bryz, they just went cookoo in term of contract length.

The injury is said to have occurred in Friday's practice...... hmmm........ did he actually block a puck?

But seriously, wasn't Leighton a healthy backup in yesterday's game?

strange

The true reason for Boucher being acquired is now coming to light. A critical, turning-point road trip in the early season and Homer goes with his best backup because The Man Of A Thousand White Tigers and His Uranus cannot play every game. Boosh has been playing. He does not need an oil can like The Leaky Leighton Tinman. When Boosh steals a couple games he is then the heir apparent backup G like the plan was from the beginning. Remember, Boosh not Leighton is the one with the pictures. The only thing that could become the fly in Howie's Chardonnay is if Bryz feels "threatened" and starts chirping again to the press as well as letting in 80 footers... In other words becomes unstable and reverts. The cure for that is simple though, a hard practice with no mask or goalie pads. ;)

well this is good news to me. I always liked Boosh and he's played well for us over the years - all in all. Winning points on the road means spelling Bryzgalov once in awhile...Boucher gives me confidence...Leighton doesn't.

Sure wish we would've kept Razor though - re-signed him after his surgery I mean...man has he looked good this year. For a guy who was looking at maybe never walking again...to come back and play so well...3-0 with a .920...pretty impressive.

@Mad Dog "Can anybody please explain to me what was the point of bringing Leighton back... This was as lame of a move as I have ever seen."

It was super weak MD. Esp. when you consider the rest of the entire league could have got this guy *twice* last year for half price. Every GM deemed him unworthy of even an AHL deal ....even at half price!! That's gotta tell you something. The only realistic reason for bringing Leaky Leights back was to make sure Bryz didn't have to look over his shoulder, not at all worry about being pressed for the starting job. If that is true, (which I honestly think it is, cause his goaltending is not NHL worthy), that's a pretty weak reason for signing a guy, you stink, therefore our starter will not be worried....mind-blowing in fact.

Edited by jammer2

pretty sad commentary on the state of goaltending in Philly if your reasoning is correct Jammer...and I have no doubt it is since it fits perfectly with how the Flyers have dealt with that position over the years.

I'm not sure I'm buying into the theory that the organization* tried to fix the goaltending problem by bringing in a terrible goalie to back up their starter, who they have no faith in because he's a terrrible goalie.

If anything, I think it was to stop the FANS from clamoring for the backup IF Bryz had a bad outing or two or 78

2.27/.921 is "not NHL worthy"? Good to know. Noted.

* term used loosely

I'm not sure I'm buying into the theory that the organization* tried to fix the goaltending problem by bringing in a terrible goalie to back up their starter, who they have no faith in because he's a terrrible goalie.

If anything, I think it was to stop the FANS from clamoring for the backup IF Bryz had a bad outing or two or 78

2.27/.921 is "not NHL worthy"? Good to know. Noted.

* term used loosely

But you know the fans of Philadelphia. They will grow impatient after 2 mediocre performances and will scream for the replacement in goal. Factor in how thin of ice Bryz was on before the season started, and I have hard time buying into this theooy.

Plus, I can't imagine the Flyers didn't think through the ramifications of Bryz' getting hurt and having no back-up... which, I suppose, is why they brought Boucher back. OK, but then why even bother with bringing Leighton back?

Does Paul Holmgren actually have any plan at all? I mean, at least some?

@radoran OK, let me re-phrase....his skill level is not NHL worthy....I don't see those exact stats on his HDB stats....but he did well in the AHL the last few years, which goalies in the NHL *should* do when playing down there. His stats were excellent 5 years ago in Philly, but has not done much at the NHL level since.