Boosh is back, Leighton

jackhole

@radoran OK, let me re-phrase....his skill level is not NHL worthy....I don't see those exact stats on his HDB stats....but he did well in the AHL the last few years, which goalies in the NHL *should* do when playing down there. His stats were excellent 5 years ago in Philly, but has not done much at the NHL level since.

OK, I misread. Thought you were referrring to Bryz as "not NHL worthy" lol

But you know the fans of Philadelphia. They will grow impatient after 2 mediocre performances and will scream for the replacement in goal. Factor in how thin of ice Bryz was on before the season started, and I have hard time buying into this theooy.

Plus, I can't imagine the Flyers didn't think through the ramifications of Bryz' getting hurt and having no back-up... which, I suppose, is why they brought Boucher back. OK, but then why even bother with bringing Leighton back?

Does Paul Holmgren actually have any plan at all? I mean, at least some?

No, I don't think there is a long term plan. This team believes it is "good enough to compete for the Stanley Cup" every year - no matter what they've done to it.

I do think that there is a large section of the fanbase who would be calling for the backup if Bryz had a bad start - unless it was Leighton.

@radoran No no, was talking about Leaky Leights (which I will shorten to LL from now on....ha ha)....even a hard core Bryz hater like me has absolutley no problem with the way he is playing.....a pleasant surprise to say the least. Still think (like many others) the contract is big and long enough the Flyers should still buy him out.....unless he wins the cup, then he gets a total pass.

@radoran No no, was talking about Leaky Leights (which I will shorten to LL from now on....ha ha)....even a hard core Bryz hater like me has absolutley no problem with the way he is playing.....a pleasant surprise to say the least. Still think (like many others) the contract is big and long enough the Flyers should still buy him out.....unless he wins the cup, then he gets a total pass.

I don't want to jinx Bryz, but he has been VERY good so far this season. I am not sure if he did anything special this summer to change his routine. Logic suggests by this age, a goalies' techniques should pretty much be formed, which makes me think that what we are seing thus far may be an abberation. Of course I hope I am dead wrong.

By the way, I like LL.... :D

Best of luck this week in NAHANA MD, my team has really been struggling. I've had brutal breakdowns from all my goalies.....the offense has done well, but every week except last (I think) I've run into the top pts producer for the week.

The other thing I was tossing around in my head was perhaps we saw an injured version of Bryz last year. Seems like when he was at his worst during the playoffs, his ankle was hurting. Not making excuses for him, but perhaps that contributed to his outlandish style in the playoffs, the sheer inability to get across the crease with any type of athletism.....that herky jerky stop/go motion I have never seen from him before.

I'm still of the opinion that going from "what's hockey" media coverage in Phoenix to HBO 24/7 wasn't at all the best thing ffor him.

For me, he's trying to do less this season. Concentrating on positioning, following the puck, letting the game come to him.

Seems much calmer and seems to make an effort to tell his teammates that everything's OK in the defensive end.

I've seen some chinks in the armor, but one has to expect those during a season.

I still buy him out for the length of the deal, but at least they're not relying on Leightonn/Boucher (again).