Big Names that aren't performing

Guest BDB2000

@BDB2000

Welcome!

Do you really think Ovechkin's game is off because he has a girlfriend? Seriously?? Don't the other 700+ players in the NHL have girlfriends or wives, maybe children......a life also?

Isn't Ovechkin adjusting to a new coach, new system, new linemates......new expectations. He's not quite the reckless player he used to be prior to being slapped with a suspension, but yet he is still being expected to play the same way.

Giroux to has under performed thus far, blame most of that on the change of linemates. No Jagr, and no Hartnell. Then there was No Simmonds. Briere didn't start the season with the team, Change and more change.

All of the teams have strung together a lot of games with little practice. The skilled stars are still skilled.

What do you guys think about a lot of the big names in hockey not performing? Like Ovechkin he is under-performing...what do you guys think?

Found this article as a reference

http://tinyurl.com/ao9kr3u

Could be, but I think this season is an aberration regardless. The lockout really screwed up everyone and everything.

@doom88 People say that now, but nobody really remembers the Devils Cup during the strike season as tainted....history just views it as, they won the cup.

Yeah, but nobody also talks about what a great cup run the devils had that year either. I want to win the cup with the salt off my back, not an asterisk.

Yeah, but nobody also talks about what a great cup run the devils had that year either. I want to win the cup with the salt off my back, not an asterisk.

Some view the Cup as harder to win in a shortened season. Injuries take a MAJOR toll on a team as you can't exactly look forward to a guy returning. If they get any kind of serious injury it's not like people can say they'll be back in time for the playoffs. There is also the idea that you can't see if you're on the cusp of the playoffs to make a big trade because you just don't have that much time to judge your chances. And you have to make your way primarily against your own division, and what's left is conference competition. No free point games playing Columbus, and the majority for you and I, anyway, is against what some argue is the toughest division in the NHL.