Coburn

Guest pensuck

I remember Coburn having a two week period about five years ago when his shot was accurate....scoring 3-4 goals. then he got hurt and his old shot returned. never to be found again.

so frustrating

It's amazing how many people fixate on that short period of time where Coburn happened to find himself wide open on the receiving end of great set-ups for a couple one-timers. The guy has never shown any actual offensive instincts. He is what he has always been, a shutdown defenseman who can skate like the wind. Trying to get more offense out of him is the kind of thing that at least partially got Luke Schenn into trouble in "Tronno". Just let Coby be Coby, a guy who can handle Malkin one on one is worth his salary on that basis alone.

@JackStraw

Its true, I remember that stretch quite well and was impressed thinking 'this guy is going to take off.' I don't get too frustrated with him though, like you said, he is what he is, and he is not what is wrong with the defense right now.

Love to see him bring back that one-timer for a couple encores though:)

It's amazing how many people fixate on that short period of time where Coburn happened to find himself wide open on the receiving end of great set-ups for a couple one-timers. The guy has never shown any actual offensive instincts. He is what he has always been, a shutdown defenseman who can skate like the wind. Trying to get more offense out of him is the kind of thing that at least partially got Luke Schenn into trouble in "Tronno". Just let Coby be Coby, a guy who can handle Malkin one on one is worth his salary on that basis alone.

Yeah I hear you and have no problem with Coburn's game. It is what it is......which is a pretty darn good. I just find it funny that he had a mini stretched when his shot was going in. It was obviously a fluke but that glimmer left me wondering "what if" for a while. I have been over it for a LONG time though ;)