Why Laviolette needs to be fired.

Guest habsguy26

@habsguy26 - While I'm not a huge fan of Lavi, I don't think his head is on the block just yet. I'd be shocked if he was fired before the end of the season. I think Homer's miscues last off-season bear a significant part of the blame and I think Homer himself is aware of that. Combine that with the lockout and fleeting training camp, and a bunch of young forwards who are expected to carry the team forward, and I think you could reasonably excuse Lavi for the team's poor play. On the other hand, if it's just a question of not liking his "system", and you want a more defense minded coach, I wouldn't disagree with that. But that won't happen this season, imo.

I also don't think he's "lost the room". I just think the problem is mainly lack of cohesion/chemistry/whatever leading to sloppy play.

@doom88 I would openly campaign for Larry Robinson should Lavi get the axe, I would even axe him just to get Larry in charge. He has coached sucessfully in the playoffs, understands it takes good defense to win in the playoffs.....and we would instantly assured that every young defensive prospect/player would be properly coached. To get the most out of the JVR trade, I want Larry coaching up young Luke....that would make the trade winnable for us. Plus, Larry is more concerned about positional hockey than Lavi, this team does not have the defensive talent to play a system that puts extra odd man rushes into play. Robinson's brand of coaching is a tight to the vest, sound positional game....exactly what this team needs to suceed....we don't have the talent to play the run and gun brand that Lavi is behind....OR, the ability to pressure the puck like that system needs. Start clogging up the middle, leaving guys back more often....but Lavi will not budge on that.

Edited by jammer2