Habs pay Small price for Big Talent

habsguy26

*taken from TSN.ca*

The Montreal Canadiens and the Tampa Bay Lightning have swapped a pair of AHL goaltenders.

On Thursday, the Habs sent Cedrick Desjardins to the Lightning for Dustin Tokarski.

Tokarski, who the Lightning selected 122nd overall in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, has played in 33 games with the Syracuse Crunch this season, posting an 18-8-4 record with a 2.46 GAA.

Desjardins is 7-13-2 with a 2.94 GAA this season with the Hamilton Bulldogs

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hm...

I watched Tokarski play in the world juniors a few years back, and he was nothing but spectacular. All I remember from that 2009 WJC (besides that AMAZING Jordan Eberle goal) is Pierre Mcquire, prematurely orgasming to the beautiful, once in a life time save Tokarski made against an American player.

Pretty sure he also led the Norfolk Admirals to the Caldar Cup last season, too.

Tokarski has a very high ceiling, he could be a starter in the NHL some day... which leads me to wonder 2 things;

1) Is Carey Price frustrated in Montreal?

2) Is Stevie Y out of his mind?

Well, first thing's first. Probably not. Price just signed a 6 year deal, he's not going anywhere for awhile.

Secondly... I think so...

I mean why trade a young, successful AHL talent who has a very high ceiling, for a life time AHL player, who clearly has worse stats when comparing the two? No clue...

Anyways, what do you guys think??