Does Karlsson's Injury Step Up Pressure on Homer?

ZeZel25

With his injury, add another team that will be looking for a good/top 3 type defenseman. Does this make Homer step up the pace to acquire one himself, or maybe include a player or picks he might not have been willing to before to get one?

Edited by twpguy

Homer is getting a top 4 defensman once metzaros comes back, he's getting a depth defenseman once gustaffsson is ready... soon i hope, i hate foster's defensive play, his shot doesn't make up for the gaffes i've seen. .

Let's trade Timonen to Ottawa for Turris, and then flip Couturier to Chicago for Kane. Then we can send Luke back to TO for JVR, and have the Kane/Turris/JVR line.

I think that is a very well thought out trade scenario. Kane would be one of the few players I would trade Couts for. Problem is, who plays D? I think this means we'll see a lot more of a very good, but injury-prone Meszaros, and Coburn (God forbid). I've also mentioned the need for offense, but I think it can be manufactured, especially once Hartnell comes back. This team DESPERATELY needs a puck moving d-man. Subban would have been a good fit here. I said before the season they needed a physical d-man, but I think Schenn has filled that role.

Edited by FD19372

I think that is a very well thought out trade scenario. Kane would be one of the few players I would trade Couts for. Problem is, who plays D? I think this means we'll see a lot more of a very good, but injury-prone Meszaros, and Coburn (God forbid). I've also mentioned the need for offense, but I think it can be manufactured, especially once Hartnell comes back. This team DESPERATELY needs a puck moving d-man. Subban would have been a good fit here. I said before the season they needed a physical d-man, but I think Schenn has filled that role.

Thanks for the kudos, but I guess my sarcasm font was broken :)

I just mentioned that trade idea as a joke because it's so typical of what the Flyers would do. Keep chasing dragons.

• Like 1

Homer is getting a top 4 defensman once metzaros comes back, he's getting a depth defenseman once gustaffsson is ready... soon i hope, i hate foster's defensive play, his shot doesn't make up for the gaffes i've seen. .

Wait - Foster plays defense?

Who knew?

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Why do we have to panic every season? This is why the Flyers haven't won a cup in 38 years. There is no long term plan, just reflex reactions.

Why can't we just tank this season and next and prepare for 2014-2015?

I've been waiting for, expecting, looking for, anticipating, assuming, believing there's been some sort of long term plan since 1975. You'd think they'd be able to put together a 30 year plan or something. Heck, even the Ruskies managed to put together a Five Year Plan for the National Economy, well, every five years. And the Nazis had a Four Year Plan, modeled on the Soviets. But look where that got both of them. Maybe we should just keep panicking. Ha.

oh1flyersfan,

stupid freaking analogy, completely absurd comparison.

you need a freaking plan when building a team. That's how you build a champion. The Flyers have never demonstrated any strategic thinking in their moves, its all reacting to the present circumstance.