Darcy Kuemper?

Guest jammer2

Anyone have any info on this kid? He made his second start tonight, beating the Wings 4-2. Big kid, I've seen him listed at 6'4 or 6'5 and anywhere from 207 to 215. He played 3 seasons for the Red Deer Rebels. His 2010/2011 season was phenomal stats wise. Really nice stats as a pro also in the ECHL and AHL. His only loss this year for the Wild involved letting in a measely 2 goals, so his 2 starts in the bigs were both solid outings. He's probably filling in for Harding, so he's getting a shot but not the best of circumstances. But, what the hey, lookls like he is taking advantage of the call up, I'm gonna keep an eye on this kid. Minnesota always seems to find the tenders huh?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=102649

Kuemper was slated as the backup tender to Matt Hackett with the Houston Aeros. Hackett has struggled this season while Kuemper shined.

Kuemper was 10-6-0 with a 1.79 goals-against average, a .938 save percentage and four shutouts this season with the Aeros. He is also ranked second in the AHL in goals-against average and save percentage and is tied for fourth in shutouts.

@hf101 Yeah, kid looks a legit prospect, why can't we get one of those....a real live young goalie with potential....wow.

For sure, no goalies or d-men. I really like the core of young d-men Minny has as well, Brodie, Spurgeon, Falk, Prosser.

@hf101 Not to mention their top prospect Matthew Dubma, who has star written all ove him, and the former OHL'er Tyler Cuma, who is pretty talented in his own right. But yeah, I think Brodie will be an impact player on the blueline....not sure how old he is, but this Clayton Stoner is a nice defensive d-man also, this team in 2-3 years is gonna be wicked good.