Why dont we just offer sheet O'Reilly?

pensuck

@pensuck I heard it was a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. That would scare me away because it has to be your own second rounder, and we have traded that away.....so, in a positon of weakness, you have to go to the team you traded it to and try to get it back, all the time in a horrible bargaining position with the team with the pick holding all the cards....that alone would discourage me. Plus, he's a nice young player, but center is not an obvious weakness, the defense needs to get fixed first, before they throw anymore cash at forwards.

Not that good? He scored 55 pts on a team that finished 11th. That puts him 3rd on our team behind g and hartnell. He was only 2 pts behind b ryan who was on a good team and everyone wants.

He's only 22 and would be much better on a line with g. I'm not saying we can get him but it couldn't hurt to see what they'd want in return. Supposedly a top 6 forward and a prospect.

Not that good? He scored 55 pts on a team that finished 11th. That puts him 3rd on our team behind g and hartnell. He was only 2 pts behind b ryan who was on a good team and everyone wants.

He's only 22 and would be much better on a line with g. I'm not saying we can get him but it couldn't hurt to see what they'd want in return. Supposedly a top 6 forward and a prospect.

I think we would give up a 1st & 3rd for him.

We could trade briere to fit him under the cap.

Plus there is a logjam now at center...no where to send anyone down...the will have Holmstrom, Cousins and Tyler Brown on the Phantoms next year...no room sorry they need soild all around Dmen...preferably a puck mover...cheaper version of Matt Carle.

Next year you'll have Giroux, Schenn, Coots, Talbot, Danny B and more than likely Laughton...that is 6 centers on the Flyers maybe just maybe Cousin makes the team...that would be 7....so no more centers please...could use more skill/size on the wings but no more centers. :D

• Like 1

ok, just looked, we have do have our own 1st, 2nd and 3rd next year. The 4th is not our own, it comes via Phoenix. Silly me, thinking we didn't have our own 2nd....what could have given me *that* idea....ha ha!

We haven't gotten to the draft, don't count those chickens quite yet.