Nashville screwed on blown call

fishbulb

Holy crap... how can this sort of thing happen!?? Of course we're all human (except for rux) but jesus.... that was like 5 feet offside.

Lavi would have **** himself if we'd gotten screwed like this.

And of course.... They're going to get fined if they say anything, and the NHL will continue to sweep mistakes under the carpet. That linesman should never ref another NHL game again.

• Like 1

Holy crap... how can this sort of thing happen!?? Of course we're all human (except for rux) but jesus.... that was like 5 feet offside.

Lavi would have **** himself if we'd gotten screwed like this.

And of course.... They're going to get fined if they say anything, and the NHL will continue to sweep mistakes under the carpet. That linesman should never ref another NHL game again.

That lineman will never work a game in the NHL again. That was atrocious. A beer league linemen would have called that!!!

The linesman thought the Preds passed the puck back into the zone. Props to Trotz for keeping his cool and not getting a fine.

Colorado's star looked offside on his second-period goal in the Avalanche's 6-5 win in a Monday matinee, but the officials ruled Nashville had brought the puck back into their zone.

"The league already verified that it should have been an offside," Nashville coach Barry Trotz said shortly after the game.

"The explanation from the crew here was that we passed it back. We didn't pass it back. That's why they didn't blow the whistle. The league's already talked to us about it. There's no fix. It's just one of those things. Everybody has a bad day."

"The explanation from the crew here was that we passed it back. We didn't pass it back.

Interesting, I can't see that all. Even if the pred nicked it through the neutral zone, the opposition player is not allowed to cross the blue line before the puck regardless of who touched it last. I agree on the props to trotz. I would have gone ballistic.

The league's already talked to us about it. There's no fix. It's just one of those things. Everybody has a bad day."

I'd actually like to take a page out of the NFL's rule book allowing one red flag per team per game. I don't know if the league would consider this, but I think it could be something that should be tried out for a bit maybe in the ECHL then the AHL.

I'd actually like to take a page out of the NFL's rule book allowing one red flag per team per game. I don't know if the league would consider this, but I think it could be something that should be tried out for a bit maybe in the ECHL then the AHL.

@hf101,

Wishful thinking. The AHL finally got replay for goals this year. The cameras are trained on the nets and don't follow the play. So far, that replay has worked for about 2 weeks (here in San Antonio) and I think they reviewed 3 goals. Nobody knows what is wrong with it or how to fix it. The team doesn't have the money to send it off to get it fixed. They would have to have several cameras following the play to make that kind of replay system work and there are few teams that have the funds in the AHL and even less (probably zero) in the ECHL.

@hf101,

Wishful thinking. The AHL finally got replay for goals this year. The cameras are trained on the nets and don't follow the play. So far, that replay has worked for about 2 weeks (here in San Antonio) and I think they reviewed 3 goals. Nobody knows what is wrong with it or how to fix it. The team doesn't have the money to send it off to get it fixed. They would have to have several cameras following the play to make that kind of replay system work and there are few teams that have the funds in the AHL and even less (probably zero) in the ECHL.

But if the NHL gets behind it it's funded without issue.

What blows my mind is the linesman was sitting right there on the line watching it. Did you have your whistle on mute? and the other thing that frustrates me is the point made that if Nashville says anything they will get fined. That's ridiculous, when the NHL does something like that it makes it look like their on the linesman's side, which to me says they don't care that they screwed up and cost Colorado the game and a very important 2 points. .... just no excuses for that