Jannik Hansen flying elbow on Mirian Hossa

Guest Irishjim

I don't see a flying elbow. Looks more like a flying forearm.

Either way, it's to the head. You have to make the case for whether or not it was intentional. It's really hard to say from that clip because they're all poor angles... but to me, it looked like the puck was no longer in the air when he drilled him with the forearm. Hossa had already batted it down. And the way he kinda flew with his forearm to the head looked not-so-accidental.

difficult to tell who's hand is who's from these replays. hansen did a nice job of picking his spot to pull that stunt if that's what he was doing. make it look like you're trying to play the puck, but the opponent's head gets in the way.

i can't tell , i feel for hossa though his brain has got to be more slushy than Crosby's at this point with all the big hits he's taken.

The argument that Hansen was going for the puck is utter crap.

Who the hell tries to swat a puck down with their arm cocked in that manner. Give me a break. Sorry, but that's crap.

Hansen is a punk. Not only is he a punk, he's a repeat offender. Both in this instance and in the hit on Ference in the Cup finals he goes for a guy's head for no particular reason than to go for a guy's head. In both instances, there's not skating into something, it's not momentum, there's no particular reason for it--he just suddenly rams into someone's head.

Only 1 game is a crock of crap with this guy. Like I said in the shout box., 1 game for cheap + 1 game for dirty + 1 game for entirely unnecessary + 2 for being utterly stupid.

• Like 1

HIS HAND HITS HOSSA'S SHOULDER! watch the god damn video, It's not a direct elbow. He's also never been suspended or fined in 5 years. Repeat offender my ass. I'm all for differing opinions....(removed)

Never been suspended. The puss hit on Ference was in game 7 of a final.. Purely blind side, out of nowhwere, leaves his feet, plunges right into the guy's head. (removed)

Edited by ruxpin
removed personal attacks

@BrowntoBure The only thing you are right about is it's Hansen's first suspension, but he was trying to hurt Hossa.

Definitely his first suspension. Wasn't trying to claim otherwise. Just saying this puss has a history of gunning, spinelessly and cowardly, for people's heads. And at times when it makes no sense on the play and no sense for the game. He's just a stupid, stupid player.

Posted · Hidden by Digityman, February 22, 2013 - Just leave this hidden please.
Hidden by Digityman, February 22, 2013 - Just leave this hidden please.

By the way, watch the video. Cause you clearly haven't seen the one I'm talking about.

The one where you're between the skirt? Nope, haven't seen that one.

I have no intention of having a mature debate with you. You're flat out ridiculous.

Way to have a mature debate.

By the way, would you be capable of a mature debate even if I chose to have one? So far, rather than discussing the merits of the actual hit--on which you are delusional, by the way (I've watched it many times from many different angles, and he hits him in the head in every damn one) you:

1) Envoke "Philly mob mentality" --yeah, that has a damn thing to do with the fact your punk hit a guy in the head--again

2) When pointed out it was again, you envoke "oh, the Bruins?" As if that has a damn thing to do with anything.

3) Envoke "have you ever played?" Again, not relevant, not mature, and-frankly-flat out stupid. I've never a flown a plane. I can tell you I watched two of them fly into buildings. I don't have to be a pilot to know it. I know what someone being hit in the fricken head looks like. It's not relevant whether I've played or haven't. I also know when I'm reading the posts of a fricken moron. I've read several from you.

Repeat offender my ass.

Please don't ever ask me to repeatedly offend your ass again. It's just not right. Others will get jealous.

@ruxpin "Just saying this puss has a history of gunning, spinelessly and cowardly, for people's heads. And at times when it makes no sense on the play and no sense for the game. He's just a stupid, stupid player."

I recall a few cheap shots coming from Hansen, more than a few in fact. Wanna spot a weasel, a guy who picks his spots but does not fight tough guys...check out this guys fight card, 5 fights in the last 4 years against the likes of Damond Langkow, Gilbert Brule and the menacing Michael Ryder. In other words, he's big enough to throw dirty hits but does not have the jam to back it up...straight up weasel!

http://dropyourgloves.com/fights/FightCard.aspx?P=18646&L=

• Like 1

I don't think it was premeditated by Hansen. Split second decision and a bad one by Hansen.

Whenever the puck is in the air like that people open themselves up to risk. I distinctly remember Mike Richards lining people up when they were reaching/looking for a puck in the air. In most cases though they lead with the shoulder and give a good body check.

In this case, I think Hansen was trying to use his forearm to the back of Hossa to move him away and get the puck. Hansen misjudged and went to high, landing it on Hossa's head.

I don't think he meant to hurt Hossa but to avoid that all together he should have just delivered a good body check.

I agree with the 1 game suspension for contact to the head.