Flyers vs. Rangers, 23/12/11

Guest brelic

Briere is day to day with a bruised hand, and looks like Bryz is starting. Per Meltzer, Shelley will replace Briere in the lineup (well, not really, but you know what I mean ;)

http://flyers.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=64095

Flyers GM Paul Holmgren updated the status of some injured Flyers today just as the team took to the morning skate at Madison Square Garden in Manhattan.

Among them was Danny Briere, who is not out on the ice with the team. Holmgren announced that Briere has a bruised hand and is listed as day-to-day.

On the Brayden Schenn front, Holmgren announced that he skated and did his off ice conditioning again today and has made good strides. His status is now day-to-day.

As is Sean Couturier, who also skated today and did his off ice conditioning.

The Flyers take on the Rangers tonight at 7 p.m. on CSN and 94 WIP radio.

@Digityman

Deflections or not, we're not getting game changing or momentum saves with this guy at all. Hell with that how about some spectacular or big saves sometimes. With this guy it seems when it rains it pours. Not saying Bob would've won this game but he made some great saves to keep Dallas from building momentum.

I am going to whine a bit about the refs, just a bit, because in one 10 minute stretch, quality officiating may have changed the outcome.

The call on Simmonds for holding when he had his back to - and never grabbed - the guy he was supposed to have held was as imaginary as Santa Clause (sorry if anyone under the age of 8 is reading this.)

Bourdon had his stick held as a Ranger was making a break for the net, a break that would not have been possible if he had not held the stick. Clear as day, right in the middle of the ice, no other distractions, how did they miss that?

Timmonen having his jersey grabbed as he raced to get the icing call. I believe the Rags scored the first shortly after this. A much different beginning to the game if the correct call is made and the Flyers have the man advantage.

The announcers mentioned several other interferences, holds, etc. that went uncalled, but I was pretty fed up by that time to care much. Jackson and Jones are not the homers that you may hear in Florida, in Pitttsburgh, or on the Island.

Bah humbug.