Terrible game

pensuck

Bryz had a terrible game. He cannot stop a 1-on-1 shot if his life depended on it.

Then again, the team looked pretty terrible all around.

These games happen from time to time. They had a huge emotional win against Pitt and forgot to play last night.

That was textbook "shot their load and had nothing left in the tank". BTB games not helping. It happens. Hopefully that means the Panthers shot their load last night and don't put up much of a fight against the Pens tonight.

The Panthers should be easy picking for the Pens, if the Pens don't win the game then there is something wrong.

• Like 1

Tocchet made a good point after the game.

He said you can't use a back to back game after an emotional game as an excuse for a let down. Good teams find a way to win those. I know he wasnt a good coach but a hell of a player. Not to sure about his analyzing skills either :)

Bryz had a terrible game. He cannot stop a 1-on-1 shot if his life depended on it.

Then again, the team looked pretty terrible all around.

what is with Bryz being useless one on one. i don't ever remember a goaltender that was beaten the second the shooter breaks into the open.

i didn't see the game just the box score, and in every category the flyers had pretty big advantages, hits, shots, ahem giveaways.... were they ****ty or did Bryz poop the bed ?

i also watched the condensed game, seemed like the flyers had the puck, a lot. but when the panthers had opportunities they were 2 on Bryz or on breakaways

i expected a let down after the Pens win, back to back with travel even if its only a half hour plane ride still sucks.

Edited by mojo1917

Tocchet made a good point after the game.

He said you can't use a back to back game after an emotional game as an excuse for a let down. Good teams find a way to win those. I know he wasnt a good coach but a hell of a player. Not to sure about his analyzing skills either :)

so are you saying he made a good point and holy **** it's the first one ever ?

or are you agreeing that the flyers aren't a good team ?

:ph34r:

@mojo1917

There were basically two break aways that led to quick goals. Then the Panthers got a penalty shot and Bryz was beaten bad 5-hole.

For such a big body, he sure does play small 1-on-1.

This one was pretty much on Bryz. He had at least 3 of the 5 on his shoulders. After the 3rd goal, the team was deflated and played as such.

I think Bryz is playing much better, but he needs to challenge a shooter 1-on-1 if he wants to be successful.

Yes, good teams find ways to win B2Bs.

The Flyers are 2-2 in the back end of B2Bs.

Unfortunately, they are also 1-3 in the front end.

Conventional hockey wisdom like Tocchet's isn't quite as valuable in this unconventional season. Flyers have had four B2Bs this month - they never had four B2Bs in a month last season.

Quite frankly, starting Bryz was a mistake. He's started 17 of 19 for the Flyers, who have played more games than any other team in the league, and he has started more than any other goalie (Miller 16 of 18 for the Sabres, Anderson 15 of 18 for the Sens, Howard 15 of 17 for the Wings).

He's on pace to start 43 of 48 games this season. That is not a recipie to be "fresh" in the postseason.

• Like 1

For such a big body, he sure does play small 1-on-1.

that and the pucks that seem to go through him, are the one's that drive me nuts, it's like the man does everything right except stop the puck.

i think he's been playing pretty well this year.

he probably should have been given a breather last night, i'm not sure what the conventional wisdom is with coaching goalies, but Laviolette seems to have his own style which seems to be play a guy who is going good until he's shot. One could argue the whole reason we're talking about pucks going through Bryz is because Pete can't seem to find a goal keeper he trusts outside of micheal leighton and cam ward

• Like 1

It's not like Bryz had a stellar game against the Pens or anything. The Florida game was an obvious Bouch start in my mind, taking into account the back to backs and the fact Bryz looked pedestrian in the Pens game. Bouch did start one of the games on the long roadtrip, but that's no excuse to not start him again....we needed to let Bryz rest and get his game straight mentally....Lavi made the wrong call here.