It's spelled "defenSeman" people!

trevluk

Probably just to piss off the Brits. That's probably why you guys started driving on the other side of the road. We used to drive on the British side here in Canada up until the 1920s or so, and then we changed over.

Licence is another Brit holdover that we have. You guys use license, right?

Yeah, it's supposed to be license here, but I almost always misspell it "licence" and have to go back and make it incorrect. Glad to know it's because I'm channeling a Canadian.

I'm glad you took that as intended. :)

I stayed in a hotel in Carate owned by an American and a Tica. The guy was soooo sarcastic, it was hilarious. There were two Canadian women staying there and he kept calling them "seal clubbers". The one said 'What'd you call me, seal flubber?" And he says "More like whale blubber". This is the owner talking to his guests.

He also told a Swiss women who was scared of snakes, sharks, the water, heck everything that he was feeding her 12 year old son beer, and that in the morning he was taking her son boogie boarding out where the whales and sharks and cocaine filled submarines are! I'm not making this up. My wife and I were in tears with his comments.

• Like 2

What I'd like to know is how FAVRE is pronounced farv????

It was originally pronounced "favour," but his grandmother's first name was "Patty," which the locals pronounced "Party," so they change the pronunciation of the last name.

another thing I heard was Ben Franklin changed a lot of the words to make America different and giving it it's own distinct language...

http://www3.telus.ne...ianAmerican.htm

That's true about Franklin. It was immediately after he was electrocuted while foolishly holding a kite with a key attached to it in a lightning storm. I'm sure these two things are completely unrelated.

We have a submarine?

We have at least two - I can see them in Halifax HarboUr right now (in dry dock)

Not sure if they float or do any of the sneaky things that subs do (these are the rust buckets we bought from the British several years ago, if you recall), but I bet they sink real well.

Edited by Podein25