Flyers-Bruins Trade RumoUr

brelic

@doom88 Yeah, that would make sense. As long as it helps the team out in the long run, I just don't want to break up the team *just* to make the playoffs, not with the stiff Bryz in net, despite his decent stats, I don't trust this guy when the going gets tough....and his stats are now in a downward spiral, just like I thought would happen.

I tried, but I'm done with Bryz due to his actual play, beyond stats.

I just find the timing of it very strange, considering Meszaros is set to return and Gus has made it back into the lineup. Why would we be trading for defensive help when our guys are finally returning?

If anything at all is brewing, it's probably for the farm, or some other small deal.

Yup, 3rd line center.

I like the idea of trading away Briere. If you can get some kind of good value for a developing player, or a pick, then hell yes. This way his salary is off the books. He had a good career here and he gets rewarded with a chance to compete for a cup. The Flyers dump salary, essentially pack it in other than gaining playoff experience if they make it, and rebuild around a strong young core. Additionally, they buy out Bryz at the end of the season (should remove his slalary), and that should give them plenty of cap space and rid them of two costly players who aren't worth the money

What's Boston's Depth like in Net?

That's where we clearly need it. Nothing big as Bryz has been amazing... but we need someone trustworthy to fill in. Laviolette loves Leighton to death, but Homer probably doesn't trust either Boosh or Leighton with much at this point.

Who do we have available that would qualify as 'depth'? I'm sure no one would want Knuble or Fedotenko. And Talbot is probably number 1 on their lists, but it would be foolish to part with him.

That's where we clearly need it. Nothing big as Bryz has been amazing... but we need someone trustworthy to fill in. Laviolette loves Leighton to death, but Homer probably doesn't trust either Boosh or Leighton with much at this point.

Bryz has been amazing? I sense that is an emotional opinion. In the last five games he has given up 16 goals with an .868 save percentage, and you have to take into account one of those games was a shutout against an Islanders team that really sucked that day.

That's where we clearly need it. Nothing big as Bryz has been amazing...at letting in brutal goals but we need someone trustworthy to fill in. Laviolette loves Leighton to death, but Homer probably doesn't trust either Boosh or Leighton with much at this point.

Fixed.