Places to talk hockey...

Guest Polaris922

So Pens fans where else do you go to talk hockey? I enjoy my time here but the recent attack for being in the Flyers forum and lack of support by Flyers fans makes me think our input or discussion isn't so welcome over there after all. What else is out there that's intelligent debate? Where else do you frequent?

@Polaris922 Of course your input is welcome!! That was one comment by a poster who was engaged in an emotional debate. You're a Pens fan, a team that is univerally hated by all Flyer fans, but even with that kind of of passion, I can probably speak for most here and say we can seperate a hated rival team from a valuable poster who's input is not only welcomed, it enhance's the debate. Ditto for B21. Sorry about the run on sentence, working on that...lol.

• Like 4

So Pens fans where else do you go to talk hockey? I enjoy my time here but the recent attack for being in the Flyers forum and lack of support by Flyers fans makes me think our input or discussion isn't so welcome over there after all. What else is out there that's intelligent debate? Where else do you frequent?

It's welcome by a large majority. Don't let the Coach get to you. The smug "Why are you here?" has been his MO since Philly.com. If he's looking for a Flyers circle-jerk there are plenty of other options out there. The fact is this is a forum for all teams and there is plenty of "cross-posting". Of course, more among Pens/Flyers fans since they talk about us alot...usually inaccurately. ;) Crosby being dirtier than Briere for example.

Stick around. It's fun.

• Like 2

Sorry i missed whomever or what ever was said alot of pasionate fans here not trying to justify waht was said...we repectfully hate you guys (your team)...and it is nothing more than that...so with that said just ignore that poster if you can and don't let him get under your skin...enjoy conversate with all you guys and also you'll note even at times the flyer fans have gotten into heated arguemnets amongst themselves...it happens if we all agreed there would be no fun...peace out look forward to bouncing ya'll agin come playoff time... :ph34r:

...that is if we even get there...

Edited by hf101
i think this is what you meant
  • Like 1

Sorry, I missed the thread/post you're referring to. I enjoy the heck out of reading you and B21

That's because you're in Pittsburgh. Most only have realized there's hockey in the past 5 years or so. (kidding, I really just couldn't resist and without my medication, the smarm is in hyperdrive today)

Wait... We have a hockey team?! All this time I thought we were a diving team! ;)

Wait... We have a hockey team?! All this time I thought we were a diving team! ;)

Well at least you admit it........that is always the first step to correcting a problem. :P

Kidding aside, I enjoy the verbal give and take with almost everyone on this site, yourself included. The ones I don't, and that is only 2, I have them on ignore. It works wonderfully.

(WARNING !! The next statement is smarm at it's best and meant to be humorous)

I know it is tough to find Pittsburgh fans with the intelligence to access the internet but the must be more of them out there somewhere. :o That being said, hang around an trade some barbs with some of the smart asses on the site. I think you will find most of us enjoy a different point of view.

@flyerrod

I enjoy the back and forth, especially in lively debates about hockey topics. I try to remain respectful of the others here and don't appreciate his methods at all. Where I work we sort that differently, but I'm not going to spend all day on personal attacks with someone who doesn't take the time to know me.

Having said that, I better log out. Someone said there's a mouse by the computer and I better get back to hunting him down. Little bastage has to be hiding... ;)