Clowe leaves the bench

Guest yave1964

In last nights loss to the Black Hawks with 8 seconds to go, Andrew Shaw destroyed Joe Pavelski in front of the Sharks bench, a rugged hit by a rugged player, drawing a boarding penalty. Ryan Clowe was on the bench and immediately jumped off and went after Shaw, drawing a misconduct for coming off the bench.

A couple of things. It cost the Sharks any slim chance that they had of getting back in the game. Instead of a man advantage and a faceoff in front of Emery, Clowe forced the faceoff to be held at the opposite end essentially ending the game.

Clowe has long been one of my least favorite players. A cocky arrogant big guy, he always seems to play a tough game. His skill has slipped this year he has zero goals and 68 penalty minutes through 16 games.At 6.2 and 225 pounds, Clowe seems to always lead the league in roughing penalties that dont lead to fights, in dirty stares, in face washes after the play. He has some fights but as often as not he is more bark than bite.

Should he face a suspension for coming off the bench? Of course. Roughing, not fighting was the penalty called, so not really sure what Shanahan will do with this. Remember a couple of years ago when the Kings were coming in on a 3 on 2 and Clowe from the bench played the puck? I guess he does more damage from the bench than on the ice.

haha, looks that way as Clowe will not play tonight against Dallas pending a hearing on Monday. Clowe was deemed by officials to have come off the bench for the purpose of starting an altercation.

I'm not sure of his past record but it sure looks as if it will be more than one game.

• Like 1

haha, looks that way as Clowe will not play tonight against Dallas pending a hearing on Monday. Clowe was deemed by officials to have come off the bench for the purpose of starting an altercation.

I'm not sure of his past record but it sure looks as if it will be more than one game.

Clowe is a punk. He will duke it out if he has too and does okay in his fights, loses more than he wins because he gets knocked down easy, but gets the first shot or two in. The problem with him is he keeps his gloves on and draws roughing penalties instead because he starts stuff and doesnt finish it very often.

Dont get me wrong, the man has an intensity and desire out there and looks like he HATES his opponent for all that he is worth, I just feel he is as overrated a player as there is in the game today. Thanks for putting the video up.

He'll definitely get suspended. Godard was suspended ten for leaving the bench to fight Haley. The league rule is Rule 70.11 stipulates that the first player to leave the bench during a fight or to start one shall be suspended automatically for 10 games. Now I know this was called a roughing rather than a fight, but I doubt the league will just let it slide either. And it seems the "to start one" might cover it.

• Like 1