Evgeni Malkin Concussed

Digityman

I was responding to similar posts by OccamsRazor in another thread. Lol. I don't argue Malkin's actions but again he's never hurt anybody. I think there IS a difference there. Clets face it if a guy his size were routinely trying to somebody would be hurt by now. He needs to clean up his act I agree, but that doesn't mean I wish injury on him.

Briere is far dirtier yes, but I don't wish injury on him either. I truly reserve that for a select few players out there. Very very few. I just don't think anyone should wish injury on anyone else unless they're truly dangerous... Like McDorley dangerous. Or Bertuzzi dangerous.

Most pens fans think lindros got what he deserved. How about you?

No... I dislike the guy for the way he got into the league, not because of the way he played or being a Flyer. I don't wish life changing injuries on anyone. In my work, I see a lot if people get hurt or even killed. There are some who DO deserve what they get, but many do not. Maybe that's tempered my feelings towards people getting hurt. In fact it numbs it a lot. But still, to wish injury on someone shouldn't be an emotional or thoughtless response. They should truly deserve it.

Edited by Polaris922

Being a pens fan you are one of the very few who feel that way. I've asked that exact same question on letsgopens.com and about %99 said he got what he deserved. That was my last post there. They dont like having flyers fans on that site. Unlike this one.

Well that one is a Penguins fan site so I would expect that there. I think Lindros played a reckless game, and I didn't like the liberties he took with some of the other skilled players. Much the same way I see Malkin playing now. I won't say I was a fan of his at all, but he did play in the clutch and grab era of Devils hockey and a lot of teams did that crap, not just him. He had amazing talent, but he DID put himself in the line of fire with how he played. You can't run people over day in and day out claiming it's part of the game, and then complain when someone else runs you over. Unfortunately for him, it led to a career ending injury, and I don't wish that on anybody. Did I love seeing Kasparaitis or Stevens run him over? Yes... but I would rather have seen him get back up uninjured and continue to play the game. I guess that's the line for me. I don't mind Flyers fans hating on Crosby or Malkin... much as I have hated on Lindros or Ovechkin. But wishing them harm is another level that not many should get to. I don't see Malkin as the devil incarnate because he hasn't hurt anybody. Has he risked it? Yes... gotten close? Probably. Intended to? I dunno... I'd like to think not. He's very much like Messier was with the flying elbow thing. But I don't wish him injury. Concussions specifically can be life changing, and nobody I can think of playing this sport deserves to suffer the rest of their lives for it.

I see they moved my thread over here to the pens site. I think the moderator is trying to build up the pens topics to 120. Lol

Since it was moved I will merge with the other Malkin concussion thread all ready in the Penguins forum.

• Like 1

Okay, so Malkin is a dirty player. I guess he's never hurt someone, but it appears clear he's tried. I used to think Gretsky was pretty dirty, too, and then would go run behind one of his teammates.

Whatever. Malkin--for me--doesn't rise to the level of "he got what he deserved" like a Shawn Avery or Martin Havlat or Dick Cheney would.

I guess my biggest question from this thread would be to @Polaris922 : Am I correctly surmising that you don't like Kennedy? Can we have him?

I was responding to similar posts by OccamsRazor in another thread. Lol. I don't argue Malkin's actions but again he's never hurt anybody. I think there IS a difference there. Clets face it if a guy his size were routinely trying to somebody would be hurt by now. He needs to clean up his act I agree, but that doesn't mean I wish injury on him.

Briere is far dirtier yes, but I don't wish injury on him either. I truly reserve that for a select few players out there. Very very few. I just don't think anyone should wish injury on anyone else unless they're truly dangerous... Like McDorley dangerous. Or Bertuzzi dangerous.

Danny is dirtier???? now yo've lost your damn mind...

Being a pens fan you are one of the very few who feel that way. I've asked that exact same question on letsgopens.com and about %99 said he got what he deserved. That was my last post there. They dont like having flyers fans on that site. Unlike this one.

+1 (On Lindros not getting what he deserved....)

Okay, so Malkin is a dirty player. I guess he's never hurt someone, but it appears clear he's tried. I used to think Gretsky was pretty dirty, too, and then would go run behind one of his teammates.

Whatever. Malkin--for me--doesn't rise to the level of "he got what he deserved" like a Shawn Avery or Martin Havlat or Dick Cheney would.

I guess my biggest question from this thread would be to @Polaris922 : Am I correctly surmising that you don't like Kennedy? Can we have him?

I DO like Kennedy actually. I talk to him once in awhile and have been to his house a couple of times to help deal with strange cars in the neighborhood and such. Super nice guy. I wish he'd get his game going on the ice though. I call him pig face because of how his nostrils flare when he's skating. It makes me laugh. But I also think it was hit hit in Grossman that caused injury, not Malkin's. watching video of the two incidents makes it pretty clear. After Malkin shoulders him he's right back up and in the play. After Kennedy he goes right to the bench and is foggy, rubbing his eyes and testing his jaw.

Danny is dirtier???? now yo've lost your damn mind...

I think Briere is sir carve-a-lot more than Malkin is elbows up. Briere's suspension history supports that theory. I still agree Malkin is dirty that way as stated, but he's done less damage up to this point than Briere. Please see the topic in the Flyers forum about Glass' foolish allegation against Briere for more info on Briere. He has a history.

From the video evidence, I buy it was Kennedy's hit rather than Malkin's.

Malkin has a bit of "piss on you" in him. I have no problem with that if it's my guy with that attitude. When it's someone on the other team, it's just someone you like to play against and like to hate.

I grew up watching Clarke and The Bullies. I have to closely watch the hypocrisy meter if I'm going to start commenting on "dirty."

From the video evidence, I buy it was Kennedy's hit rather than Malkin's.

Malkin has a bit of "piss on you" in him. I have no problem with that if it's my guy with that attitude. When it's someone on the other team, it's just someone you like to play against and like to hate.

I grew up watching Clarke and The Bullies. I have to closely watch the hypocrisy meter if I'm going to start commenting on "dirty."

That's why I keep thinking of Messier when I see Malkin, but with more offense and a little less grit. Messier had that same attitude and was a frequent elbow guy. I like Malkin the way he is, minus an elbow here and there.

I think Briere is sir carve-a-lot more than Malkin is elbows up. Briere's suspension history supports that theory. I still agree Malkin is dirty that way as stated, but he's done less damage up to this point than Briere. Please see the topic in the Flyers forum about Glass' foolish allegation against Briere for more info on Briere. He has a history.

Malkin doesn't have a history because for some reason or other the league refuses to give him one. The guy is a great player. But he's dirty, and the longer they let him get away with it, the better the chance is he ends someones career with those armour plated elbows he throws with impunity. Briere is half malkins size. If he threw elbows, they wouldn't have the same effect hitting someone in the shinpads.

• Like 1

Malkin doesn't have a history because for some reason or other the league refuses to give him one. The guy is a great player. But he's dirty, and the longer they let him get away with it, the better the chance is he ends someones career with those armour plated elbows he throws with impunity. Briere is half malkins size. If he threw elbows, they wouldn't have the same effect hitting someone in the shinpads.

I'm thinking Malkin hasn't really hammered anyone enough to draw attention yet is all. He keeps that crap up it HAS to catch up to him.

Briere only got really noticed after high sticking Leetch but then trying to take Nielsen's head off.

When did players start wearing shinpads on their nuts? I mean if you have the problems I do finding a cup that fits..... :ph34r: