Lavy?

AndyS

I don't know how many times now I have seen Lavy have to call a time out in the first period because the players are skating around like its a public session. And I recall many of those times it being the right choice to turnt he game around. From what I am seeing, it isn't the coach.

Start moving players. It is time. Got to shake it up or forget about this year. It is not the coach.

IMHO - no drastic moves.....

Agreed. Keep the utes, dump the geezers. Briere will garner some interest to a legitimate playoff contender since that is the season where he really kicks it into gear. Timonen has been spectacularly mediocre lately, hope no one notices and gives up some juicy prospects. The contract the Flyers just signed him to makes that unlikely maybe.

BUT they have a month to pull this around before they start to "SELL! SELL! SELL!"

@BearOnIce

I think we've already forgotten about this year.

IMHO - no drastic moves.....

Gagne? You kidding me. Nice kid but way past prime. What's he going to bring except some nice stories on the bench with the young and impressionable guys? Oh wait, he is the solution to loosing Jagr. Why is Holmgren just rearranging the deck chairs on this Titanic of a team? I think the problem is obvious. He promised Snider hook, line, and sinker this team was really good, and he thinks only a tweak or two is needed. Houston, the problem is much, much more severe than any of us thought with this GM.

Feel the love my brother from another mother.

Snider and Homgren are the problem. Aw heck, lets throw Lukko right in there too. After all the guy is from Boston and he must be sabotaging the Flyers!

Roberts is a keeper.

Ruff will get hired within 30 days. There are lots of bottom feeders in the East that are ready to flip the coaching switch to try to save some face...

Gagne? Please. This means that the inmates are in complete control now and Laviolette's time is unfortunately limited at the helm. Unfortunately the GM and owner get to stay, and that my friend is why it is 38 years and counting and will be many more.