Lavy?

AndyS

I love the guy, but at some point isn't this team's constant lack of preparedness his responsibility?

Are they ever ready to play in the 1st period?

Hope they get it turned around.

Yea, you gotta start to wonder. These starts have been totally unacceptable.

I love the guy, but at some point isn't this team's constant lack of preparedness his responsibility?

Are they ever ready to play in the 1st period?

Hope they get it turned around.

Oh, and these 2nd periods have been a joke. I think the Fylers are 0-7 coming back from 2nd period defecit. Today will be no different. Time to shake things up as Flyers approach 1/2 shortened season.. I'd take Lindy Ruff in a heartbeat.

Oh, and these 2nd periods have been a joke. I think the Fylers are 0-7 coming back from 2nd period defecit. Today will be no different. Time to shake things up as Flyers approach 1/2 shortened season.. I'd take Lindy Ruff in a heartbeat.

Dude, what the hell is your problem. You hate Homer, you hate Lavy, AND want Lindsey Ruff? That is a ****ty coach who hung around because no one else wanted to coach Buffalo.

Look, I'm not saying you have to like everything O&B with rainbows and happiness, but I think it's time to chill out a sec. Lavy is a good coach, and Homer is a very good GM. Once upon a time, people here once lauded the hiring of Lavy because he wasn't part of the good 'ol boys network, and has a Cup on his resume. That was Homer's call. Homer has had more hits than misses in my opinion, but I am not going to go write an essay on it.

Plus, this is a fake season anyway. I wouldn't take too much stock in anything that happens.

• Like 1

Lavy is a good coach, and Homer is a very good GM.

I agree about Lavy. I think he is a good coach. My only gripe is how often we get caught with too many men on the ice over the last couple of seasons. I think it is something Lavy can work on.

I don't necessarily agree that Homer is a good GM. He isn't the worst one out there but I do think the organization could benefit from hiring a GM that has no history with the team. I appreciate Homer's tenacity and desire to win but he doesn't seem to realize we have a cap at times. Too many long term deals and NTCs. At times I feel like he thinks draft picks are meaningless and gives them away for no reason. The cap is going down next season and it will likely make things alot more difficult for the organization. If the Flyers were to miss the post season I would rather see a change in the GM rather than the head coach.

Dude, what the hell is your problem. You hate Homer, you hate Lavy, AND want Lindsey Ruff? That is a ****ty coach who hung around because no one else wanted to coach Buffalo.

Look, I'm not saying you have to like everything O&B with rainbows and happiness, but I think it's time to chill out a sec. Lavy is a good coach, and Homer is a very good GM. Once upon a time, people here once lauded the hiring of Lavy because he wasn't part of the good 'ol boys network, and has a Cup on his resume. That was Homer's call. Homer has had more hits than misses in my opinion, but I am not going to go write an essay on it.

Plus, this is a fake season anyway. I wouldn't take too much stock in anything that happens.

A little harsh, don't you think? You watching the same team and organization the rest of us are? Fake season? ok.

I agree about Lavy. I think he is a good coach. My only gripe is how often we get caught with too many men on the ice over the last couple of seasons. I think it is something Lavy can work on.

I don't necessarily agree that Homer is a good GM. He isn't the worst one out there but I do think the organization could benefit from hiring a GM that has no history with the team. I appreciate Homer's tenacity and desire to win but he doesn't seem to realize we have a cap at times. Too many long term deals and NTCs. At times I feel like he thinks draft picks are meaningless and gives them away for no reason. The cap is going down next season and it will likely make things alot more difficult for the organization. If the Flyers were to miss the post season I would rather see a change in the GM rather than the head coach.

I will say this, no question Homer has got to go. Now on Lavy, for his up tempo attack style to work, the forwards have to be constantly in motion pushing the puck north. With this defence, and the lack of any puck movement except Kimmo, that is just not going to happen. I have not seen Laviolette exhibit that capability to coach out of his box. No a bad coach, just limited and inflexible.

A little harsh yes, apologies for the personal aspect.

This compressed mini season though is fake.

No problem. I tend to be a little fatalistic on this team this year. I'm sure I bring out the worst in most of the Faithful. You know what it really is? I am waiting to see this organization actually some time before all of us die to have a cohesive, long-term plan, drafting farm team up, instead of the year after year knee jerk have to win this year from Snider down. There is so much friggin talent out there on the ice, especially the forwards, that needs mentoring and time to develop that I am afraid is not harnessed properly to realize full potential. For example, this GM let's Jagr go, a major mentoring influence on the young guys. Who cares about how he plays or how much, you kidding me Homer, what F'cjk-up thinking. This GM just is not good enough. 38 years (just amazing to me) and waiting..

I will say this, no question Homer has got to go. Now on Lavy, for his up tempo attack style to work, the forwards have to be constantly in motion pushing the puck north. With this defence, and the lack of any puck movement except Kimmo, that is just not going to happen. I have not seen Laviolette exhibit that capability to coach out of his box. No a bad coach, just limited and inflexible.

Gus also moves the puck well, Homer pushed Lavy to run a more defensive system to help Bryz this season, and the team is not giddy up and go anymore - Lavy is running a more defensive system.

If they had a goalie worth a damn, this team would be able to attack and look good doing it.

Gus also moves the puck well, Homer pushed Lavy to run a more defensive system to help Bryz this season, and the team is not giddy up and go anymore - Lavy is running a more defensive system.

If they had a goalie worth a damn, this team would be able to attack and look good doing it.

Yea, ok I'll agree on Gus. Grossman is a beast but no puck movement. L. Schenn was supposed to be a puck mover? Coburn is regressing and Kimmo is getting old. Mez is coming back than god. Foster, don't get me going. But you gotta admit the defence is not the pride of the litter. Oh, and your point on Bryz is exactly right on. Maybe Homer is trying to get his trade value back up so they can move him. Anything to make this guy look good. What a mistake. That's what happens when the owner plays GM. You are right, it is killing Lavy's system.

Hello:

I work not say the season is fake but it is compressed. That magnifies everything. Our daughter is marginally competent. Scoring is there in theory. In practice it's inconsistent. We beat Pitt and lose to Florida...In 24 hours. We get angry at each other. That's understandable after a 38 year drought. Lavy may be part of the problem. But Homer, Snider, and shortsightedness are bigger issues. Bring on Dave Poile and Barry Trotz...and have Lukko tell Brian Roberts to assume a direct control over operations.

Peace,

Howie

PS: I think Ruff will get hired within 12 months.

Hello:

I work not say the season is fake but it is compressed. That magnifies everything. Our daughter is marginally competent. Scoring is there in theory. In practice it's inconsistent. We beat Pitt and lose to Florida...In 24 hours. We get angry at each other. That's understandable after a 38 year drought. Lavy may be part of the problem. But Homer, Snider, and shortsightedness are bigger issues. Bring on Dave Poile and Barry Trotz...and have Lukko tell Brian Roberts to assume a direct control over operations.

Peace,

Howie

PS: I think Ruff will get hired within 12 months.

Feel the love my brother from another mother.

Snider and Homgren are the problem. Aw heck, lets throw Lukko right in there too. After all the guy is from Boston and he must be sabotaging the Flyers!

Roberts is a keeper.

Ruff will get hired within 30 days. There are lots of bottom feeders in the East that are ready to flip the coaching switch to try to save some face...

I don't know how many times now I have seen Lavy have to call a time out in the first period because the players are skating around like its a public session. And I recall many of those times it being the right choice to turnt he game around. From what I am seeing, it isn't the coach.

Feel the love my brother from another mother.

Snider and Homgren are the problem. Aw heck, lets throw Lukko right in there too. After all the guy is from Boston and he must be sabotaging the Flyers!

Roberts is a keeper.

Ruff will get hired within 30 days. There are lots of bottom feeders in the East that are ready to flip the coaching switch to try to save some face...

I didn't think Ruff was so hated here.

Putting that aside, I think Donnellon's piece in today Inquirer was pretty savage. He came out and said the team pretty much sucked and the inconsistency is wearing thin.

I didn't think Ruff was so hated here.

Putting that aside, I think Donnellon's piece in today Inquirer was pretty savage. He came out and said the team pretty much sucked and the inconsistency is wearing thin.

Howie, I read that and agree.

I like this golden tidbit:

"The Flyers (9-10-1), winners of three of their last four games, finally can reach the international symbol of mediocrity if they can defeat improved Toronto and their old pal, James van Riemsdyk, on Monday night at the Wells Fargo Center."

Ouch.

Sarcasm. In Your Face Comcast Flyers. Ed, Peter, Bob, and Paul, so you think you are so good and believe all your own self-generated hype.. "Sam-The-King-Unmasker". Sammy D tells the Comcast Flyer Kings that, you know what, you think those clothes that you have on are pretty sharp, right?, well, you really don't have any clothes on...

Or as some would say, "Hey, you know that pig with lipstick, guess what? it's still a pig..."

Peace.

Howie, I read that and agree.

I like this golden tidbit:

"The Flyers (9-10-1), winners of three of their last four games, finally can reach the international symbol of mediocrity if they can defeat improved Toronto and their old pal, James van Riemsdyk, on Monday night at the Wells Fargo Center."

Ouch.

Sarcasm. In Your Face Comcast Flyers. Ed, Peter, Bob, and Paul, so you think you are so good and believe all your own self-generated hype.. "Sam-The-King-Unmasker". Sammy D tells the Comcast Flyer Kings that, you know what, you think those clothes that you have on are pretty sharp, right?, well, you really don't have any clothes on...

Or as some would say, "Hey, you know that pig with lipstick, guess what? it's still a pig..."

Peace.

Bear: I want to leave downtown Miami a bit early today to make the game. I think it will be a benchmark for the rest of the season.

Peace,

Howie