Max Pacioretty hit on Ryan McDonagh

habsguy26

Habsguy26 Poll  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Pacioretty should be suspended? (if yes, leave in comments how many games)

• Yes
    • No

Max Pacioretty will have a little chat with Shannaban later this afternoon.

Although I didn't watch the game, I heard from friends it was a great game and was a fought hard battle between both teams.

Then the ugliness of Max Pacioretty shows...

Like they said in the video, McDonagh WITHOUT A DOUBT knows the hit is coming. He does turn into the hit, which is a sneaky thing to do. McDonagh does deserve some criticism for what he did.

I'm not trying to downplay the hit. Considering Patches' past, he shouldn't be going around recklessly hitting players like that, which makes me question his maturity level.

McDonagh nailed Pacioretty into the boards earlier in the game, so there was maybe some intent from Max.

Max also appears to leave his feet ever so slightly as well. This was exaggerated greatly by NYR coach John Torterella.

Rangers head coach John Tortorella was vocally unimpressed with the hit, venting his frustration to reporters after the game.

"Can I ask the first question? How high did Pacioretty jump on his hit, can anyone tell me?" he asked to kick off his post-game press conference. "I'm asking you guys. Over/under?"

When given an estimate of six inches, Tortorella responded bluntly with "You're wrong."

taken from http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416734

My verdict: A 1 game suspension. 2 tops. Max needs to stop being so reckless out on the ice, and McDonagh (and all players in hockey) needs to stop risking their own health for the chance of a power play.

This is a phone hearing so I'm not remembering what is the difference in number of days for a suspension. Here is the hit of McDonagh on Pacioretty.

Pacioretty is a repeat offender, as he got 3 games last year for a head shot on Letang.

I think Pacioretty could get 3 games mainly because it looks as if he left his feet and is a repeat offender.

Max Pacioretty will have a little chat with Shannaban later this afternoon.

Although I didn't watch the game, I heard from friends it was a great game and was a fought hard battle between both teams.

Then the ugliness of Max Pacioretty shows...

Like they said in the video, McDonagh WITHOUT A DOUBT knows the hit is coming. He does turn into the hit, which is a sneaky thing to do. McDonagh does deserve some criticism for what he did.

I'm not trying to downplay the hit. Considering Patches' past, he shouldn't be going around recklessly hitting players like that, which makes me question his maturity level.

McDonagh nailed Pacioretty into the boards earlier in the game, so there was maybe some intent from Max.

Max also appears to leave his feet ever so slightly as well. This was exaggerated greatly by NYR coach John Torterella.

My verdict: A 1 game suspension. 2 tops. Max needs to stop being so reckless out on the ice, and McDonagh (and all players in hockey) needs to stop risking their own health for the chance of a power play.

Doesn't look like McDonough did anything wrong there. As for Max, he should get something (2 games?) as a repeat offender. He seemed to be a bit proud of himself as he skated to the box, too.

Max would have got away with it if it werent for the big evil smile on his face on the way to the penalty box. He looked quite proud of himself for the hit. Of course it was a tough game amd it was an even it up hit, but max will get something for this.