Don't Look Now, But the Kids Are Getting It Done.

AndyS

Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, and Jake Voracek have really elevated their games recently.

All we need now is for Cooter to get it going. If/when that finally happens, look out!

I think the Flyers get to .500 against the Leafs and then start gaining a head of steam.

They'll be in the playoffs, IMO.

BTW, the Rangers aren't exactly looking like locks for the Finals after all. :D

yeah the Rags have really shocked me......for all the talk during the off season and the signing of Nash, I really thought they would be a much better club then what they have shown.

I think the Rags screwed up their chemistry with that trade and then made it worse by letting Prust go us an UFA. I think Prust and Duby meant more to them than they realized.

• Like 3

@Poulin20 Yeah, Dubinsky did not get a lot of points, but he was a terrific leader for them. Created room for teammates on the ice, nice on the pk, second pp....he is a pretty underrated guy. In general, one of those guys that make your team tough to play against. Prust supplied that also....and now Michael Rupp is gone also, so that's a lot of grit and size gone from their line up. They are easier to push around now.

• Like 1

I think the Rags screwed up their chemistry with that trade and then made it worse by letting Prust go us an UFA. I think Prust and Duby meant more to them than they realized.

Yeah don't over look the loss of Anisimov either he was a solid contributor and depth guy with good size and is only 24.

• Like 1

Let's not forget our 25 year old captain beginning to pick it up.

8 points over the last four games for #28.

Briere is also waking up, with 7 points over his last five games.

The Flyers are, knock on wood, becoming a more potent offense. And that's without Hartnell. I expect Hartsy to start heating up as well

• Like 1

@Poulin20 and now Michael Rupp is gone also, so that's a lot of grit and size gone from their line up. They are easier to push around now.

Oh yeah I forgot that they lost Rupp too! It is fun watching them getting pushed around these days as last year they were darn near impossible to play against as we well know!

Yeah don't over look the loss of Anisimov either he was a solid contributor and depth guy with good size and is only 24.

I thought of that too as AA seemed to have a knack for scoring on the :PHI: last year. He just didnt fit the theme of "glue guys" that I was going for as to why the Rags are struggling but I am sure they are feeling the loss of AA as well and frankly it is fun to watch :D .

Is there a Big Blockbuster Trade in the past 10 years that has worked out well for the team getting the "superstar" in the deal? Or, you know, ever? (I mean, sure the Kings won the Cup after the Gretzky trade - 25 years after the Gretzky trade...)

Haven't done much looking, but nothing immediate comes to mind. Would you consider Richards "superstar" level??

Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, and Jake Voracek have really elevated their games recently.

All we need now is for Cooter to get it going. If/when that finally happens, look out!

I think the Flyers get to .500 against the Leafs and then start gaining a head of steam.

Hope springs eternal.

yeah the Rags have really shocked me......for all the talk during the off season and the signing of Nash, I really thought they would be a much better club then what they have shown.

I guess that's why they play the games, eh?

I had a sneaking suspicion that Nash wouldn't be the end-all, be-all in NY (or anywhere).

Is there a Big Blockbuster Trade in the past 10 years that has worked out well for the team getting the "superstar" in the deal? Or, you know, ever? (I mean, sure the Kings won the Cup after the Gretzky trade - 25 years after the Gretzky trade...)

Haven't done much looking, but nothing immediate comes to mind. Would you consider Richards "superstar" level??

Well, you saw the return for Richards, and it was a blockbuster deal.

I don't think so. :(

Don't look now, but the kids are sub-.500 and behind the Leafs for a playoff spot.

:angry:

The kids have been some of our best players. You can't blame a bunch of 23 year olds who are leading the team in scoring when there are guys with a lot more experience making a lot more money doing squat.

The kids have been some of our best players. You can't blame a bunch of 23 year olds who are leading the team in scoring when there are guys with a lot more experience making a lot more money doing squat.

And they are still a sub-.500 team who have lost to the Leafs twice.

Not "blaming" them for anything except their record - and in the context of a thread that declares they are "getting it done"

Well I guess as the youth of the team, if they're some of the teams top scorers, they are "getting it done". Like I said, I can't blame kids for the shape the team is in, especially if they're scoring. But sure, they are all a part of a mediocre team.

Plus nothing leaves me with a worse taste in my mouth than losses in a row to the Leafs. Can't wait to play hockey with a bunch of leaf fans on Thursday.

For me "getting it done" is winning hockey games.

Beyond that, it doesn't really matter.

Good to see development. I'm happy with the direction of the team (and yet fully expect some sort of Williams-for-Markov "makes sense to fill a need to get to the playoffs" move).

But this ain't "getting it done" in my book.

As usual, I can't hold up an arguement with you for long before I find myself agreeing with just about everything you say. (bastard!) You and your common sense. And I'm really scared of what Homer might do just to get us into the postseason. Voracek and Couturier for Langkow? Just to go full circle?

As usual, I can't hold up an arguement with you for long before I find myself agreeing with just about everything you say. (bastard!) You and your common sense. And I'm really scared of what Homer might do just to get us into the postseason. Voracek and Couturier for Langkow? Just to go full circle?

I'm optimistic - just not necessarily for "this season."

Believe it or not, I still think the team has a shot to get to the postseason - I just don't think they "need to make a move" to get there. IMO there is no "move" that makes this team a true contender thisseason.

The Richards/Crater moves were long term moves, whether the team and fanbase want to admit it. My mantra has been "younger, better, cheaper" and that is what they got. BUILD on that foundation, don't undermine it.