Which Team Shows Up?

Howie58

Greetings:

This evening's game may be one of the "pivotal" ones so far. It's the possibility of hitting.500 and a reset. But it is also a home test to see if they can learn from the earlier Leaf loss. Schenn vs. Schenn is an interesting sideshow. Bryz versus Scrivens is a lot more important, and as Carchidi is right to assert that Ilya's performance of late has been a bit rocky.

I also look to see if Gus on D continues to show some mobility that we lack otherwise. Our young forwards are showing some "The Right Stuff." But our D is positional and not too mobile.

Bottom line: I hope we don't fall asleep during the opening period. We could withstand 12-1 shot totals against WPG. The Leafs will draw more blood.

LGF,

Howie

Greetings:

This evening's game may be one of the "pivotal" ones so far. It's the possibility of hitting.500 and a reset. But it is also a home test to see if they can learn from the earlier Leaf loss. Schenn vs. Schenn is an interesting sideshow. Bryz versus Scrivens is a lot more important, and as Carchidi is right to assert that Ilya's performance of late has been a bit rocky.

I also look to see if Gus on D continues to show some mobility that we lack otherwise. Our young forwards are showing some "The Right Stuff." But our D is positional and not too mobile.

Bottom line: I hope we don't fall asleep during the opening period. We could withstand 12-1 shot totals against WPG. The Leafs will draw more blood.

LGF,

Howie

I also don't get the Schenn v. Schenn statement.... anyway, you are right Bryz has been rocky. 16 goals in the last five games, with an .868 save percentage. He looks like he is going south while the offense might be headed north. Let's face it, the guy is a rebound making machine. The Flyers have to come out early with a strong push and set the tone.

However, I have a bad feeling. The Leafs have been our whipping boys of late and with some changes up there, the play us with a seething chip on thier shoulder. I don't like the look of this one and i think it will end bad.

I also don't get the Schenn v. Schenn statement.... anyway, you are right Bryz has been rocky. 16 goals in the last five games, with an .868 save percentage. He looks like he is going south while the offense might be headed north. Let's face it, the guy is a rebound making machine. The Flyers have to come out early with a strong push and set the tone.

However, I have a bad feeling. The Leafs have been our whipping boys of late and with some changes up there, the play us with a seething chip on thier shoulder. I don't like the look of this one and i think it will end bad.

Wow: I am getting senile. I was thinking Luke would be facing Braden. Yikes...Monday. Sorry.

Peace,

Howie

As you say it will be interesting to see which Flyers team shows up. I personally feel it will be the one that ended up winning in Pittsburgh, albeit with a slower start than we would want to see.

They certainly should have sufficient motivation after the game in TO earlier this season. That being said we should also have had motivation against the Panthers and we all know how that ended up...

As you say it will be interesting to see which Flyers team shows up. I personally feel it will be the one that ended up winning in Pittsburgh, albeit with a slower start than we would want to see.

They certainly should have sufficient motivation after the game in TO earlier this season. That being said we should also have had motivation against the Panthers and we all know how that ended up...

I hope you are right and they show some spunk early on. Trying to understand the ups-and-downs of this squad leads to your own mood swings.

Greetings:

It was hard to stay awake at stretches; not sure if that's the Leafs' D or our ineptitude. Cripes...how many passes to phantom players at the blue line did we witness?

Bryz was OK, not stellar. But I wonder if Scrivens' play makes a buyout of our six million dollar man more likely?

This team needs a spark. I am worried about Lavy's preparedness.

Peace,

Howie

Greetings:

It was hard to stay awake at stretches; not sure if that's the Leafs' D or our ineptitude. Cripes...how many passes to phantom players at the blue line did we witness?

Bryz was OK, not stellar. But I wonder if Scrivens' play makes a buyout of our six million dollar man more likely?

This team needs a spark. I am worried about Lavy's preparedness.

Peace,

Howie

Howie, no matter how this season plays out, I think Bryzgalov has to be bought out, we can't go another 7 years with him in net. I'd also buyout the remaining 2 years of Briere's contract unless he agrees to a trade if it comes up.

Greetings:

LGF,

Howie

Man, I am sorry we got the answer... :wacko: