Flyers acquire Mitch Wahl for Mike Testwuide

jkearse123

Apparently he's so good he can't stick in the A.

edit: Apparently had a serious head injury which obviously effected his play. Maybe it'll just take him time to get over it, or he may never. We're not losing a lot as far as the Flyers go. I guess he's worth taking a shot at.

Edited by flyercanuck

i really don't understand how deals like this happen. two guys who basically have no chance of cracking NHL rosters ever, what is the motivation for either GM to even think about these deals, much less pick up a phone and call their counterpart? i mean, who can see either GM saying, "ooo, i gotta get this deal done"?

yeah, they have to manage their AHL rosters, too, but...crappy AHL center for crappy AHL winger. just who cares?

• Like 1

i really don't understand how deals like this happen. two guys who basically have no chance of cracking NHL rosters ever, what is the motivation for either GM to even think about these deals, much less pick up a phone and call their counterpart? i mean, who can see either GM saying, "ooo, i gotta get this deal done"?

yeah, they have to manage their AHL rosters, too, but...crappy AHL center for crappy AHL winger. just who cares?

who knows, but it could be as simple as personalities not working out in one place or another. it's probably like hey... we got this guy and he's just not working out. got anyone?

Flyers may think Wahl could regain his old form and become depth. The other team may have given up on him and think at least an AHLer is better for the farm.

Maybe it's just practice for the GMs, know, keep their head in the game with little consequence.

Or maybe these guys made a move on the AHL coaches' daughters, or did something similar and this is a way to move them out of Dodge and shake them up a bit.

Flyers may think Wahl could regain his old form and become depth.

Flyers love to give second chances. Wahl was a pretty prolific scorer at one point in Jr by the looks of it.

I think I recall hearing Testwuide's name in the context of those stories of shenanigans and lousy attitude amongst Phantom players, but haven't really looked for anything...