Can Bryz make a big save when needed?

Guest pensuck

I've had zero confidence in this clown since the day we signed him. He shows you glimpses of being decent. But he's consistently inconsistent. There isn't much better available at the present time, but it's sure a heck of a lot cheaper. I pray he's gone at the end of the season. Keeping him til then gives us a good shot at MacKinnon or Jones though.

He's only decent because he's usually in decent position and 6'3". Despite his best efforts, the puck usually hits him. Unfortunately for the Flyers, the rebound goes to the other team and in the uncovered backside due to no lateral mobility. Barf.

• Like 2

I've had zero confidence in this clown since the day we signed him. He shows you glimpses of being decent. But he's consistently inconsistent. There isn't much better available at the present time, but it's sure a heck of a lot cheaper. I pray he's gone at the end of the season. Keeping him til then gives us a good shot at MacKinnon or Jones though.

Get rid of this ****in idiot, he's a joke. He wanted to be paid as an elite goalie yet he gets outplayed by a goalie who played in the AHL. It's time for Snider and Holmgren to realize to use one of the buyouts on this clown and get rid of him. I'm hoping he keeps screwing up so the Flyers have a shot at Jones. If the Flyers can't beat the Leafs they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I'm having a tough time understanding Bryzgalov this season. I see games and clips where he makes a tremendous save on a wide open shot from ten feet away, and then he lets a goal line shot from near the boards sneak right through his pads. I DO agree he can't seem to find a way to stop the breakaway/penalty shot. Though I understand those scenarios favor the shooter quite a bit, you'd think he'd stop one or two just in blind luck. The man is an enigma... he'll make a save you think he has no shot at, and then miss one you think doesn't stand a chance.

Having said that, I can't think of any games I've seen where I'd say you lost BECAUSE of him, and he has stolen a few points for you guys earlier in the season when your offense really had nothing going... but I also understand your frustrations with him.

@Polaris922

We beat you guys in the postseason last year because you were the only team in ALL the playoffs to have a worse goalie than ours. And if you haven't seen Philly lose because of Bryz, you haven't been watching. If I'm the other teams coach, I'm saying shoot from anywhere.

Neither team played very well last night. The difference was, Torontos goalie stopped the shots he was supposed to.

The difference was the Flyers can't generate consistent offensive pressure, spend vast amounts of time in their own end, chase the puck like a bunch of dogs following a sausage tied to a bumper, have no consistency or chemistry...

and have a goalie with issues that are neatly arranged into volumes.

Yeah, but there's controversy over the mask.

See, Yoda's lightsaber is red. Red is the sign of the Sith, not the Jedi.

No, seriously, there are people who are upset about this...

Yeah and Yoda is kinda yellow, maybe this is some evil Yoda?

Or maybe Bryz has joined the dark side :)

I'm having a tough time understanding Bryzgalov this season.

What's so difficult to understand? He is a below average goalie, who somehow was thought of (by the Flyers) as an elite goalie. And he plays exactly the way goaltenders of his caliber play, that is making some saves, not necessarily costing teams games, but not making big saves when needed. He is what he is and I am not faulting *him* for that. I am faulting the Flyers for their yet another major miscalculation, lack of rudimentary scouting knowledge, incompitence when it comes to basic talent assessment, and overvaluing a player's ability. Nothing new, really...

Edited by Mad Dog

We call them idiots.

The error in the mask may be a small thing to most people but I think the new mask reflects perfectly with Bryz......Way cool over the top job on the artistry and yet still glaring problems with attention to detail...

Bryz will never succeed in a place like Philadelphia. Plain and simple. He doesn't have the personality to handle the pressure of playing goal for the Flyers. Bryz did well in places like Anaheim and Phoenix because there is no pressure in those markets. As of now he's pretty much forcing the hand of the Flyers to buy him out. As far as I'm concerned the Flyers really need to look around the league for a goalie that is stuck behind someone that's a starter. Much like Ottawa did with Bishop. They got the guy for a pick. The guy is lights out.

Edited by albertaflyer

@albertaflyer

I would be interested in looking at Josh Harding from Minnesota. The concern was - and I guess still is - how his most recent diagnosis with MS would affect his play. From everything I hear, it didn't affect him much yet...

Harding has only started three games this season and is currently on the IR for MS treatment.