Eklund Rumor-Byfuglien

Guest Samifan

As with anything, the question is "what are the Flyers giving up to get Byfuglien?"

And, on the link, this from Eklund on the JVR deal: "A deal the Flyers had to make"

So, if they hadn't done the JVR for Schenn deal they would be, what? A sub-.500 team looking directionless and being outplayed by the Maple Leafs?

Thank God that didn't happen.

• Like 1

So the way to solve the problem of our slow defense is... to get someone who is slower than everyone we already have? Brilliant.

Fortunately it's Eklund so it's probably BS.

He may be slow but he scored 12 goals and 41 assists last year.. he makes a solid breakout pass, and is super physical in front of the net. He's a die hard competitor, and I would hate seeing him in a Flyers uniform. He would instantly become the best defenseman you have at creating offense. I think he'd fix a lot you guys have going wrong. I sure hope this is a nasty rumor! LOL

• Like 1

The Jets are short on D right now with Enstrom and Redmond out. Can't see anything imminent unless the Jets want Bruno Gervais and the rights to Lilja back.

Big Buff is actually a pretty impressive player and quicker than you think. He's also quite unpredictable. Put him with a really responsible blueline partner and he can make things happen.

• Like 2

The Jets are short on D right now with Enstrom and Redmond out. Can't see anything imminent unless the Jets want Bruno Gervais and the rights to Lilja back.

Big Buff is actually a pretty impressive player and quicker than you think. He's also quite unpredictable. Put him with a really responsible blueline partner and he can make things happen.

Your points are well taken. He is burly...Flyers like that. One thing is certain--Meznaros's health is uncertain. Yes, he is going to play again in a week but today's Inquirer story reminds the reader that Mez's playing time has steadily declined since 2009. I have to wonder if Homer is thinking his career is on the fritz.

Peace,

Howie

He may be slow but he scored 12 goals and 41 assists last year.. he makes a solid breakout pass, and is super physical in front of the net. He's a die hard competitor at the all you can eat buffet, and I would hate seeing him in a Flyers uniform. He would instantly become the best defenseman you have at creating offense. I think he'd fix a lot you guys have going wrong. I sure hope this is a nasty rumor! LOL

He would instantly make our pp better, but I'm concerned about the price and....would he really help the defense, or make it worse?

Really for 5.2 mill for 3 more seasons after this one????

Hell how would they be able to afford that now?

Mabye Danny Briere is going the other way. :o

Edited by OccamsRazor

@krasy

Never wanted Suter...wanted Weber. Byfuglian shows up for camp weighing 300 lbs, hows that going to work for him as he gets older? Tells you about his work ethic too. And we need a defenceman that plays defence.

We(the management) wanted Weber, after Suter turned down pretty big offer from us and choose Min instead. Yes he is no Weber or Keith, but I like him more than any free agent defenceman from last and this summer list.

@krasy

Never wanted Suter...wanted Weber. Byfuglian shows up for camp weighing 300 lbs, hows that going to work for him as he gets older? Tells you about his work ethic too. And we need a defenceman that plays defence.

Are you sure we do not need a real sumo goalie.........If they were to get him, I would make damn sure to put a weight clause in the contract...kind of like the Eagles did with Corey Simon when he was here.....