Erik Cole traded to the Stars for Michael Ryder

Guest hf101

Really like this deal for Ryder. We acquire a veteran guy who has 14 points (Cole has 6) and a 3rd round pick. Ryder's contract expires at seasons' end and is 1M cheaper than Cole's. Great pick up! I think Joey N should just resign his position before its too late...

@habsguy26 They both had 35 goals last year, think Ryder had a bit more offenisive flair around him, but they both had productive seasons....guys like Ryder, they don't create, they need talented linemates to sustain points, so you have to annoint him top line minutes to get full value from him, where Cole is a bit more versatile.

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1

@jammer2 He will get top line minutes, Cole's departure leaves a spot on the top 2 lines, plus Rene Bourque is out with a concussion.. hopefully Galchenyuk can take advantage of the minutes, but then again, the line with Prust centring Gallagher and Galchenyuk have been our best line all season.. I'm sure Therrien will figure it out :)

Ryder back where he started.

I really like this trade from a Canadien perspective, no offense to Cole but he looks to have hit the wall, Ryder is two years younger and is still scoring with a bit more regularity. Not as physical or as complete but can light the lamp. As a western conference fan glad to see him gone

@ruxpin As far as goal scorers/point getters, they are both pretty blah, BUT they did both have identical 35 goal seasons and 61 and 62 pts respectively.....not exactly chop liver. Expect Ryder to go on an unprecedented slump, I just picked him up.