Sestito To Phantoms

Guest Vincent05

To be fair to Rinaldo, he went to the box for GETTING slashed, or high sticked, purely on some imaginary reputation wholely unearned by the rookie.

I don't have a problem with Rinaldo, only problem is he's in the box atleast once a game and that drives me nuts as we have Briere or Hartnell already taking dumb penalties each game. We don't need a parade of players there, if he cleans it up, I will be OK with him.

I don't have a problem with Rinaldo, only problem is he's in the box atleast once a game and that drives me nuts as we have Briere or Hartnell already taking dumb penalties each game. We don't need a parade of players there, if he cleans it up, I will be OK with him.

I like Rinaldo more than Sestito. In all fairness, Hartnell is keeping his trips to the box down so far this season. I'd rather see Shelly waived and keep Sestito AND Rinaldo up. They can skate, and connect on hits. It's the making of a fun fourth line. They also get a surprising amount of offensive zone time.

I really like what Sestito showed while he played...would like to see him on the 4th line nightly.

I believe he has to clear waivers to join the team and I'll guess he won't clear next time.

I have to stick up for Hartnell here. He only has 39 PIMs so far this year. I'm pretty sure 25 of those are from fights. He has really cleaned up his game, only 7 minors. He's helping the team more than hurting this year.

http://twitter.com/AnthonySan37

AnthonySan37Anthony SanFilippo

Tom sestito told in the locker room by holmgren that he's being sent back to adirondack. #merrychristmas

Umm...This doesn't sound right. There's a roster freeze in effect until the 27th. Why would Homer tell the kid 4 days before he can actually make the move??? Especially after the way he's played??? Just doesn't pass the sanity check.

I have to stick up for Hartnell here. He only has 39 PIMs so far this year. I'm pretty sure 25 of those are from fights. He has really cleaned up his game, only 7 minors. He's helping the team more than hurting this year.

Let's see how long it will last.

There's a roster freeze in effect until the 27th.

Not too sure but it might be just for trades. And Schenn or Couterier might be back very soon so they need the roster spot. I like hm so far over Shelley but we have seen that Homer will not waive for no matter what.

Not too sure but it might be just for trades.

It also includes all waiver moves. It's buried somewhere in the CBA, but I think the only move allowed is a call up on emergency basis. Probably a moot point since the Flyers don't play again until the 27th, but Sestito can not be sent down until the freeze is over.

Mods add Holmstrom to title.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20111225_Flyers_lose_to_the_Rangers_in_New_York.html

The Flyers, enjoying a brief break, loaned forwards Tom Sestito and Ben Holmstrom back to the Phantoms because centers Sean Couturier (head injury) and Brayden Schenn (concussion) appear close to returning.

The Flyers will resume practicing Monday in Voorhees at noon. Practices are free and open to the public. They play on Tuesday in Tampa against the Lightning.

The Flyers are 7-2-1 in their last 10 road games, with both losses against the Rangers.

Speaking of the Rangers, New York goalie Henrik Lundqvist had his home scoreless streak against the Flyers snapped at 193 minutes, 55 seconds - more than three games - when Andrej Meszaros scored in Friday's third period.

The streak was the longest ever by a goalie in his home building against the Flyers, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The old record was 182:09 by St. Louis' Jacques Plante from 1969 to 1970.

@AlaskaFlyerFan

13.15 Holiday Roster Freeze. For all Players on an NHL Active Roster, Injured

Reserve, or Players with Non-Roster and Injured Non-Roster status as of midnight local

time December 19, a roster freeze shall apply through midnight local time December 27,

with respect to Waivers, Trades and Loans; provided, however, that Players may be

Recalled to NHL Clubs during this period and, provided further, that if a Player is placed

on Regular Waivers or Re-Entry Waivers prior to the roster freeze period and is claimed

during such roster freeze period, the roster freeze period shall not apply and the Player

shall immediately report to the claiming Club. However, during the roster freeze period a

Club can make any Player transactions necessary for the Club to come into compliance

with Article 50 as a result of a Player being removed from the Bona Fide Long-Term

Injury/Illness Exception.