Rinaldo Mic'd up

habsguy26

Not sure if this is old or not but I just seen this quote and thought it was disgusting...

"I'm gonna catch you with your head down tonight. I'm gonna take it off."

- Mic'd up Philadelphia Flyers left winger Zac Rinaldo to Leafs winger Phil Kessel during their Monday night game.

That's the mentality we need to get out of the game. Isn't Rinaldo the guy that ''broke the code'' as well? This guy needs to get the f' out of hockey.

What code are you referring to ? The crombine fight? He broke no code as the refs also said he also didn't break any code. And all hockey players say that. It's called intimidation and used to get a player off their game. I've said stuff like that all the time on the ice. Cool your jets and check your facts before posting crap like this.

When did he break the code? Against Tampa, when he punched a guy that was down on the ice? That's right, he didn't, that was Lecavalier. Rinaldo's opponent was still up.

Edited by AJgoal
  • Like 1

@Jmdodgesrt4 I can think of many ways to intimidate someone on the ice without threatening to take off their head. Rinaldo is a goon, nothing more and nothing less. Has 0 talent. He didn't break the code because the ref said so? I seen a thing on TSN where DOZENS of players (including fighters) were asked if he broke the code and ALL of them said yes. You need to get your facts straight.. Rindalo is Avery 2.0 with less talent.

@AJgoal He was still up? He was about a foot away from hitting the ice when Rinaldo sucker punch'd him.

Really? Did you watch HBO 24/7. This is minor compared to some of the stuff that is said on the ice. It called intimidation. Ever heard of trying to throw someone off their game. Is this really news worthy? I would hate to see your reaction if you could hear the trash talk in a football game.

@Jmdodgesrt4 I can think of many ways to intimidate someone on the ice without threatening to take off their head. Rinaldo is a goon, nothing more and nothing less. Has 0 talent. He didn't break the code because the ref said so? I seen a thing on TSN where DOZENS of players (including fighters) were asked if he broke the code and ALL of them said yes. You need to get your facts straight.. Rindalo is Avery 2.0 with less talent.

@AJgoal He was still up? He was about a foot away from hitting the ice when Rinaldo sucker punch'd him.

Really because I watched the same thing on TSN and there was like 2 guys that said that. Then they showed some of those same players fights where they did the same thing. I don't know if you have ever been in a fight on the ice but you keep swinging until it's done. It's not dance. it's either hit or get hit.

Not sure if this is old or not but I just seen this quote and thought it was disgusting...

That's the mentality we need to get out of the game. Isn't Rinaldo the guy that ''broke the code'' as well? This guy needs to get the f' out of hockey.

I swear when I heard it live he said "Keep your head down tonight; I'm going to take it off."

Either way, what is wrong with smack talk now? It's part of the game. I'd be stunned if he or anyone else said, "hey, nice skates. Want to go dancing later?"

Really because I watched the same thing on TSN and there was like 2 guys that said that. Then they showed some of those same players fights where they did the same thing. I don't know if you have ever been in a fight on the ice but you keep swinging until it's done. It's not dance. it's either hit or get hit.

But it was done, Crombeen was a foot away from hitting the ice, he was in a vulnerable situation...

I personally thought it was funny. I had no problem with it.

The Crombene (sp?) thing was close. But he was still on the way down. Maybe you hold up there, but I saw worse in that very game and many times elsewhere.

Also disagree that Rinaldo has no skill. He's getting better.

Posted · Hidden by Digityman, February 27, 2013 - personal attack
Hidden by Digityman, February 27, 2013 - personal attack

You must have been one of those sissy players that everyone hates. Did you run into the dressing room when someone talked smack? Dumb comment. Ask t mcginn what happens when you stop fighting! You dumbass.

@albertaflyer I know, I don't mean Rinaldo in specific, but he is a main guy I'd like to see out of the game.. head shots are a sensitive subject, and as a guy who has been through 4 concussions playing hockey, I want to see this mentality out of the game.

Well, then I appreciate your sensitivity to it, but I honestly don't think it was meant nor taken literally. If he'd said, "we're going to kill you tonight," should they have called the police? (or just laughed him out of the building, considering)

Well, then I appreciate your sensitivity to it, but I honestly don't think it was meant nor taken literally. If he'd said, "we're going to kill you tonight," should they have called the police? (or just laughed him out of the building, considering)

But there is a fine line between saying "I'm going to kill you tonight" and "When you're head's down, I'm taking it off." How many times has there been an attempted murder in a hockey game vs taking a head shot at a player. And as for him getting better, I apologize as I don't watch many Flyers games, but he just seems like a player who is only out there to take cheap shots at people from what I have seen.

Edited by Digityman
No personal attacks. JMD's post was removed. Carry on without personal attacks please.

But there is a fine line between saying "I'm going to kill you tonight" and "When you're head's down, I'm taking it off."

I suppose. I wish I had the clip, though, because I swear he said "KEEP your head down tonight or I'm taking it off."

Maybe just semantics but I really think it's just a creative way of getting into a guy's head (no pun intended),

Quite frankly, if you're on the ice in an NHL game with your head down and DON'T anticipate it being "taken off" you should probably look for another line of work.

If anything, I'm upset that Rinaldo warned Kessel. It's not like Stevens warned Lindros...

C'mon, really? Watch curling then. The game has been pussified enough. Now they can't talk?

@All

Like I said, chirping is chirping. I like chirping, by no means am I saying players should be ''banned'' for chirping.

But, there is a fine line between chirping and telling someone you are going to give them a head shot. This **** needs to be out of the game and so does Rinaldo. So what you will about me.