Linback Struggling In Net

HockeyLife

Tampa has had goal tending issues for awhile now I was very excited when i saw the TBL signed Anders Lindback, but he really seems to struggle with being consistent. one night he will play lights out, and the other let in 5 or 6 goals.. I've noticed he has troubles closing the 5 hole which probably has something to do with his 6'6 Height. So I wanna know how you all feel do you guys think Anders Lindack should be the future of the lightning?

rsz_uspw_6970354_1.jpg

I like Lindback, as an understudy in Nashville to one of the best in the game who is also a big son of a gun like he is he had a chance to learn from one of the best. When Yzerman pulled the trigger on him before the season I thought it was a great move.

But like Jimmy Howard is learning there is a hell of a difference between playing goal with Nick lidstrom logging big minutes versus Jakub Kindl, Lindback is learning there is a chasm between Weber and Suter as your last line of defense versus Samie Salo and Keith Aulie. A lot of who a goalie is is defined by the blue line in front of him, Hedman is a future stud but not there yet, Carle was a poor signing, the rest are either has beens or never weres. Stop gaps until better options come along. And lets not forget the forwards. They have some of the most explosive fun to watch offensive talent in the game, I hope they never switch to a left wing lock and tone it down because I have Stamkos as my main player on my fantasy team, lol. But reality is, with apologies to Nate Thompson and a few others, most of the forwards never heard of a back check.

I think Lindback will get it together and there is a very good chance they will duke it out for a final playoff spot.

Good post. Welcome aboard, even if you are an Avalanche fan, lol

• Like 1

I like Lindback, as an understudy in Nashville to one of the best in the game who is also a big son of a gun like he is he had a chance to learn from one of the best. When Yzerman pulled the trigger on him before the season I thought it was a great move.

But like Jimmy Howard is learning there is a hell of a difference between playing goal with Nick lidstrom logging big minutes versus Jakub Kindl, Lindback is learning there is a chasm between Weber and Suter as your last line of defense versus Samie Salo and Keith Aulie. A lot of who a goalie is is defined by the blue line in front of him, Hedman is a future stud but not there yet, Carle was a poor signing, the rest are either has beens or never weres. Stop gaps until better options come along. And lets not forget the forwards. They have some of the most explosive fun to watch offensive talent in the game, I hope they never switch to a left wing lock and tone it down because I have Stamkos as my main player on my fantasy team, lol. But reality is, with apologies to Nate Thompson and a few others, most of the forwards never heard of a back check.

I think Lindback will get it together and there is a very good chance they will duke it out for a final playoff spot.

Good post. Welcome aboard, even if you are an Avalanche fan, lol

I like everything you said and agree with all of it. Im not an avs fan ill have to change that lol, Blues & Lightning.. Yes the lightnings back checking & special teams is horrific, thompson is one on the only guy who plays hard both ways.. I really like the two new youngsters Conacher & Killorn they seem hungry to have a spot on the team and in my opinion conacher has earned his .. Hedman will be our franchise d man he just still needs to learn how to use his size to his advantage. which is a common issue with foreign players but im sure he will improve with time and be super soild! good post!

@HockeyLife I watch quite a few Blues games, have Halak in my fantasy hockey team. To bad to see Tarasenko go down with the concussion. Reminds me of a young Pavel Bure. Everytime he touchs the puck, this smell of electricty flies into the air, and fans gasp in anticiaption on what wicked skill he will show us next.

Edited by jammer2